Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pacific Poker (cash)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You have to download it.

You then get the option for money play or demo play.

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
ok i'm in. with $25 ready to go. can anyone suggest where to start off? not exactly a pro here and could really do without losing all of this straight off. you all playing hold um' yeah?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Regular Tables - Hold'em - 5c/10c.

And play tight. Unless you're in the blind throw away your cards unless you have something good.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Benny Seagull said:
ok i'm in. with $25 ready to go. can anyone suggest where to start off? not exactly a pro here and could really do without losing all of this straight off. you all playing hold um' yeah?

Get into a Fixed Limit 5c/10c game with $5, and play as tight as possible, only playing top rated hands AA, KK, QQ, JJ, 1010, 99, AK, AQ for a little while until you get the feel of it. Once you are comfortable, then expand the hands you play. Set a limit of $2 up or down, then leave the table and go to another one. Do the same again. Don't be tempted to go into the higher stakes games yet - playing online is different from face to face - get used to playing the cards, not the people.

Above all, have fun, good luck!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You can go on more than one waiting list - add yourself to a few waiting lists, leave the tables and wait to be seated. You'll get on soon enough.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In final 6 of a 40 person $2.50 tourny. Prizes are $20/$30/$50.

Just hanging in there for a decent hand right now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why did I bloody type that. Had KK and went all in (I was 3rd at the time) and the chap who was second called and got an A on the river to pair up with the one he was holding.

Bugger.

Long game for nothing.

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
how do you know when the tourney's are bozza? and how long do they usually last? sounds good putting 2.50 in. could probably just about afford that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Go to Tournament Tables - Sit&Go and join one - they're starting all the time. Might be worth getting some more experience where you are first though.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Yep - or at least watch some! SNGs are different from cash games, you need to be a little looser at certain times - but you need to identify those times! Going all-in in the first hand is rarely a good move (risking 1000 chips to win 20!), but people will still do it.

If you can play tight in an SNG, folding everything except AA, KK, QQ, JJ for the first four/five rounds, then you should be placed well. If you get the hands above, you should go all-in, no matter where you are in the tournament.

I have just had three Queen's taken down by a twat who went all in with 2d7d - and pulled a flush. And now he thinks he's a great player.....:jester:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
HampshireSeagulls said:
I have just had three Queen's taken down by a twat who went all in with 2d7d - and pulled a flush. And now he thinks he's a great player.....:jester:

Sounds like he's better than you...

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Bozza said:
Sounds like he's better than you...

I had the pocket Qs, he held 27d - and met and raised every bet on the table, holding out for the final diamond, which was almost guaranteed to come on the river. Unreal.

He is, however, leaking chips back to me. 491 people started, 273 left, I'm tucked in 60th, it pays out 40. He's just about to reach the point where the blinds take his money......

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
HampshireSeagulls said:
Going all-in in the first hand is rarely a good move (risking 1000 chips to win 20!), but people will still do it.
Very true, although the point of going all-in is often hoping to get called so you can take someone elses $1000 (or whatever) and all but wipe them out, doubling up your stash in the process. Its nice when you KNOW you've got an unbeatable hand, and someone still comes along for the ride. Specially on no limits of course.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Initial deposit is a minimum of $20 (about £11), and they usually give you a free $5 on top of that to start you off, so you kick off with $25 to play with.

I did this around March and have never had to make another deposit since. Its a doddle.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
HampshireSeagulls said:
He is, however, leaking chips back to me. 491 people started, 273 left, I'm tucked in 60th, it pays out 40. He's just about to reach the point where the blinds take his money......

I thought you didn't do multi-table tourneys?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here