Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pacific Poker (cash)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Knightsworld said:
Cheers Easy, i may give it a go in the next few days.

Please do! Pacific Poker pay NSC $150 for every paying player that joins via the advert above, nomatter how much they join with. Benny's $150 is already showing in the reporting system.

$150 is enough to pay for NSC for a whole month so it's very useful income.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Bozza said:
I thought you didn't do multi-table tourneys?

I know, I know. Had such a crap night that I threw money into an MTT. And, as expected, got bored. Only a $2 job, so I went all-in continually on every hand. Won the first couple legitimately, and scared the rest off, taking blind after blind. Got caught in the end of course - my 72o just wasn't up to the challenge!

A night off tonight, clear my head.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Found that my concentration was wandering, which it can't afford to do at higher limits - and I was dropping into MTTs which is stupid - especially as I was chasing losses! Went down by $75 over the evening, and realised that I needed a fresh target, so....

Emptied my account, all bar $5, seeing what I can do with that. $11.67 so far, I'll run it up to the $30 mark and then move up a level. Only at the 10c/20c now, enough to make money quickly - have to keep changing tables though as people don't seem to want to play tonight! I need to make this fun again, otherwise it stops becoming entertainment and turns into a habit.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Came 5th out of 40 in a $2.50 tourny - no return.

Came 3rd out of 20 in a $2 tourny - return $8.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Yep - because it's only $1. People will go all in with crap, and will get bored, writing off "only $1". Keep waiting for really good hands that you think will take people down, and aim to keep around the average chip holding mark (check the lobby of the tournament, it normally tells you what the top, average, and bottom is). But don't chase the average! Good hands will come around often enough to keep you in above people who lose interest.

When you get close to the money, then loosen up a little bit - people tighten up to get in the cash and you can steal blinds - but don't do it with rubbish hands - do it with hands that are marginal, not hopeless!

Keep reporting back, let us know how you are doing.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
HampshireSeagulls said:
Yep - because it's only $1. People will go all in with crap, and will get bored, writing off "only $1". Keep waiting for really good hands that you think will take people down, and aim to keep around the average chip holding mark (check the lobby of the tournament, it normally tells you what the top, average, and bottom is). But don't chase the average! Good hands will come around often enough to keep you in above people who lose interest.

When you get close to the money, then loosen up a little bit - people tighten up to get in the cash and you can steal blinds - but don't do it with rubbish hands - do it with hands that are marginal, not hopeless!

Keep reporting back, let us know how you are doing.

Cheers for the advice Hampshire, will let you know how it's going.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
HampshireSeagulls said:
What's your playing name on there?

Kworld, i finished 237th out of 966, i didn't really get a good hand, the blinds were going up every 5 minutes which forced me eventually having to go all in with 10,5. Got knocked out by A high ffs! I think i need to find a slower game if that is possible, any recommendations?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Knightsworld said:
Kworld, i finished 237th out of 966, i didn't really get a good hand, the blinds were going up every 5 minutes which forced me eventually having to go all in with 10,5. Got knocked out by A high ffs! I think i need to find a slower game if that is possible, any recommendations?

I watched a bit of that tourney, 10% of the players had gone in 9 minutes, which is about standard. With just shy of 1000 players, you could expect to be playing there for around 4 hours to get into the top 60 (payout), so be prepared for a long evening!

Look for games that don't mention the word "turbo" in them, and check out the lobby - it will tell you how often the blinds go up. Ten minutes should give you more flex, or ten hands. Be aware than in the games where the blinds go up in hands, people will slow play to let other people go out before they are forced to play - can get really frustrating. On the other hand, I have been known to play these tourneys by waiting until my alarm forces me to play a hand - it really puts some people off!

The experience is good, let us know when you are next on and I will watch your table. As you are now $1 down, visit a nice 5/10 or 10/20 table for a couple of hours, and really hold off with playing hands. When you get a big one, really throw cash at it. You should find that you win big (hopefully!) for that hand. If people fold to you, show them your hand (turn off auto-muck hands) - let them see that you are only playing big hands. Do this a couple of times, then try a raise with a marginal - if people are paying attention, they will fold. If not, then check/fold the next round and revert to big hands only.

I don't play Pacific anymore, so I won't be dropping onto your table to play, but I sometimes watch the Party Poker, Pacific rooms to see what standard of players are in there. If there is a rush of new players (following a promotion) then I may drop $25 back into my account and see if I can pick some cash off. Having accounts at different rooms can be useful, it lets you take advantage of the reload bonuses, and sometimes they give you free money! Party gave me a free $15 because I hadn't played there for a month!

Good luck with the next tourney.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Returning to the 5/10c tables with a few dollars I've realise what fun that format is... and made $7 in 30 mins :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here