Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

owusu

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Owusu was bloody good, back in the day at Brentford. Not sure he is all that now seeing as his more recent clubs include the likes of Yeovil & Cheltenham - now our benchmarks

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Cheltenham must be in trouble to release their leading goal scorer with 8 goals in 19 appearances + 7 substitutions - hopefully that means they have given up and expect to be one of the relegated clubs.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
From the papers down that way.. good signing. A double whammy. Useful player and weakens one of our rivals (albeit one that looks doomed already):

Leading scorer Lloyd Owusu has left Cheltenham Town to join Brighton and long-serving forward Damian Spencer is also are set to leave as the club looks to slash its wage bill.

Chairman Paul Baker said there have been approaches for four members of Martin Allen’s squad and that two would be likely to be moving away before tomorrow night’s match at Swindon Town.

Baker was keen to emphasise that the two deals are not boss Allen’s choice, but they are necessities due to the perilous financial position the club is in.

Owusu and Spencer will leave on loan, with the clubs in question paying their full wages for the rest of the season.

“Martin doesn’t want to lose these players, but I have had to overrule him because we have to be a lean, mean machine that is fighting fit for next season,” Baker said.

“Administration is not a realistic threat, but things are still very tight. However, I am feeling very positive about next season and we will be in a better position than a lot of other clubs.”

Owusu has netted eight goals for Cheltenham this season after arriving from Yeovil Town last August, but has been left out for the last two matches.

He needs seven more starts to guarantee himself the offer of a new contract with the Robins, but is likely to be in action elsewhere tomorrow night.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
From the papers down that way.. good signing. A double whammy. Useful player and weakens one of our rivals (albeit one that looks doomed already):

Leading scorer Lloyd Owusu has left Cheltenham Town to join Brighton and long-serving forward Damian Spencer is also are set to leave as the club looks to slash its wage bill.

Chairman Paul Baker said there have been approaches for four members of Martin Allen’s squad and that two would be likely to be moving away before tomorrow night’s match at Swindon Town.

Baker was keen to emphasise that the two deals are not boss Allen’s choice, but they are necessities due to the perilous financial position the club is in.

Owusu and Spencer will leave on loan, with the clubs in question paying their full wages for the rest of the season.

“Martin doesn’t want to lose these players, but I have had to overrule him because we have to be a lean, mean machine that is fighting fit for next season,” Baker said.

“Administration is not a realistic threat, but things are still very tight. However, I am feeling very positive about next season and we will be in a better position than a lot of other clubs.”

Owusu has netted eight goals for Cheltenham this season after arriving from Yeovil Town last August, but has been left out for the last two matches.

He needs seven more starts to guarantee himself the offer of a new contract with the Robins, but is likely to be in action elsewhere tomorrow night.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
A decent signing who knows this division well. I see he has 7 goals from 16 starts this season and 9 goals from 31 starts last season which isn't that bad.

Wasn't one of the reasons Coppell left because we didn't manage to sign him previously? Also, he was at Yeovil last year, so does that mean he is to be followed shortly by his former boss Russell Slade??

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Russell Slade signed him for Yeovil a year or so ago - could be that he's behind today's deal, ahead of arriving as manager

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Double posts anyone?:jester:

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Intresting signing...
I Really think we need some CB'S Thou... were in deep with injuries

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here