Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

owusu

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Awful signing, "until the end of the season". What, you're kidding me? Murray, Forster, Davies, Andrew, Owusu. We didn't need Owusu, we could have recalled Jake after the first month, and given Gargan a chance until then. I am so disappointed with the Owusu signing, I can't even put it into words. But, it's the clubs decision and it's good that they've acted quickly, so I wish him all the best for tomorrow night, and pray to God Murray is fit for saturday.

I actually quite like Matt Heath, so I'm pleased to see they've got him.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
There's far too much of that on the board, people just posting a smiley. Are you no good with words?... Or are your opinions just not worth sharing?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
His smiley probably covered it to be fair. The next few games are important in our fight against relegation, I think most would rather take an experienced pro to a)Robinson - 13 goals in 130 games, we cant have him for two weeks either and b) Gargan who has played 1 game. Wouldn't want to put our safety on those two. If we were safely mid table then Owusu would be a pointless signing.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There's far too much of that on the board, people just posting a smiley. Are you no good with words?... Or are your opinions just not worth sharing?

I think a relegation fight is not quite the ideal opportunity to throw Gargan into first team football. Owusu is experienced, a proven goalscorer and a real handful upfront. Good move from the club, in my humble opinion. Besides that, we need strikers now as opposed to waiting a couple of weeks to recall someone that has not shown himself to be the finished article (Robinson).

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

I'd already outlined earlier why Owusu has got to be a better bet than Robinson if we're serious about staying the division. Put it this way, as long as you've got a hole in your arse, Jake Robinson will never be a prolific League One striker.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
He fills a gap. The only fit striker 2mo night would have been Davies and its away from Home, Davies is shocking in the air Owusu is a big lump who likes to head it a cause problems, perfect for us right now. Also Andrew is only on loan so by the end of the year e is the type of forward the squad still needs.

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
owusu will give a good presence upfront always a handful and heath not a bad signing ben at decent clubs and think he could prove to be a decisive signing in relegation fiht as he in for very important games.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Exactly.34 year old Owusu has no pace and is past it.

But available because of his club's financial problems.

May not seem like a lot of luck, but in regard to what's been happening over the last few weeks - a little of bit luck never the less.

He'll score a couple at Orient.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Awful signing, "until the end of the season". What, you're kidding me? Murray, Forster, Davies, Andrew, Owusu. We didn't need Owusu, we could have recalled Jake after the first month, and given Gargan a chance until then. I am so disappointed with the Owusu signing, I can't even put it into words. But, it's the clubs decision and it's good that they've acted quickly, so I wish him all the best for tomorrow night, and pray to God Murray is fit for saturday.

I actually quite like Matt Heath, so I'm pleased to see they've got him.

I can't believe anyone who has seen Robinson play consistently would seriously say this. He scored 2 goals at the weekend in the division below against one of the worst sides and suddenly he is a world beater. Two goals does not make up for more than two years of underachieving. Owusu has scored consistently at this level for years and has got a goal every three games this year for the bottom team.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I can't believe anyone who has seen Robinson play consistently would seriously say this. He scored 2 goals at the weekend in the division below against one of the worst sides and suddenly he is a world beater. Two goals does not make up for more than two years of underachieving. Owusu has scored consistently at this level for years and has got a goal every three games this year for the bottom team.

A perfectly valid opinion, no arguments from me about that. But it's such a let down for me to have signed a striker who is a battering ram, it encourages smack and run football, which really disappoints me because I'm a football fan, I want to see the game played in a good way.

But you need to counter that with the need to get results, and he's the sort of guy who is going to make the ball stick up front, so he's a clever signing from that respect. I will be supporting at Orient on saturday, but he's not the type of player I particularly like.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Perhaps the 'smack and run' is the way to get out of this mess though. I agree, recently we have seen a lot of long balls, but when we do try and play it doesnt seem to work. Imo, in recent games we have tried to play short passes, but we get no-where and end up with the ball back with kuipers/sullivan. There is no movement off the ball, so no forward play and so the attractive football doesnt seem to work. I am quite pleased we have signed him, we needed someone to win the ball up top after loosing Andrew, and Owusu will hold the ball and hopefully flick it on to Davies, or look to hold it up for others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here