Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen is coming!!!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Bloody hell - Des Lynham snapped this morning showing Owen prospective properties in Kemptown!!!!!
It's definately happening gang.

Michael-Owen-and-Paul-Sch-001.jpg

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
What? course I knew who he was/is!

I wasn't being facetitious, I was just stating that it was ironic because Poyet made an enquiry for Dave Kitson

Okay, my apologies. My fear is that if by some freak offchance Owen did come here how many games would he actually play in ? Still given the fact that his home is miles away and he has said that that he won't go down the leagues plus the fact that he can easily retire and concentrate on his horses I doubt this. I reckon the press have spun this out of control because our chairman knows him a bit.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Okay, my apologies. My fear is that if by some freak offchance Owen did come here how many games would he actually play in ? Still given the fact that his home is miles away and he has said that that he won't go down the leagues plus the fact that he can easily retire and concentrate on his horses I doubt this. I reckon the press have spun this out of control because our chairman knows him a bit.

He can room with Vincente....

Bez

Jul 14, 2003
Poyet expects new recruits

Tue, 24 Jan 10:35:40 2012

Email
Print

Brighton manager Gus Poyet remains confident of adding to his squad before the transfer window closes next week.

Poyet has so far brought in back-up goalkeeper David Gonzalez and rookie Dorchester striker Ben Dickenson, but has yet to land someone who will go straight into the first team.

The Uruguayan has been linked with a host of players including Watford defender Adrian Mariappa, Newcastle's James Tavernier, former loanee Gonzalo Jara Reyes and even an audacious swoop on Manchester United for ex-England striker Michael Owen.

Poyet said: "I am very confident that we will add a couple of players. Let's hope we bring those two players that will make us even better."

Poyet expects new recruits - Yahoo! Eurosport

Well, it would appear that there is SOMETHING in it that is more significant than the summer, as this has gone beyond mere NSC.

However, I still stand in the crowd of "believe it when I see it", albeit with a certain amount of moistness at the mere thought of Vicente and Owen linking up with Buckley and CMS.

What are the odds of them all being on at the same time and uninjured? There was a wonderful expression on this board a few weeks back - ".....as much chance as me taking a dump in the Queen's handbag and having Prince Philip wipe my a**e for me" and I have been itching to use it. This is the perfect opportunity.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Well, it would appear that there is SOMETHING in it that is more significant than the summer, as this has gone beyond mere NSC.

However, I still stand in the crowd of "believe it when I see it", albeit with a certain amount of moistness at the mere thought of Vicente and Owen linking up with Buckley and CMS.

Even if Owen signs - i am not sure we will ever see him vincente, buckley and cms on the same pitch - but we can dream i suppose.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Sky Bet now showing 5/4 Owen signs for us

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Even if Owen signs - i am not sure we will ever see him vincente, buckley and cms on the same pitch - but we can dream i suppose.

Exactly. It's all about DREAMS, so why not indulge yourself for a bit. Go on, it's nearly lunchtime, push your keyboard away, sit back, close your eyes and just DREAM it for a few minutes.

Good innit!
:D

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Poyet expects new recruits

Tue, 24 Jan 10:35:40 2012

Brighton manager Gus Poyet remains confident of adding to his squad before the transfer window closes next week.

Poyet has so far brought in back-up goalkeeper David Gonzalez and rookie Dorchester striker Ben Dickenson, but has yet to land someone who will go straight into the first team.

The Uruguayan has been linked with a host of players including Watford defender Adrian Mariappa, Newcastle's James Tavernier, former loanee Gonzalo Jara Reyes and even an audacious swoop on Manchester United for ex-England striker Michael Owen.

Poyet said: "I am very confident that we will add a couple of players. Let's hope we bring those two players that will make us even better."

Poyet expects new recruits - Yahoo! Eurosport

When I see an article like this I'm always drawn to the name thats not been rumoured before on NSC as our most likely signing - so Adrian Mariappa it is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here