Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen is coming!!!

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
If he came and only played a little due to injury then I would still have him here in a heartbeat. Jesus f*** gentlemen! As someone said - it's not so long since we were creaming for Baz Savage. It is six months since we were still playing in a converted provincial running track.

His presence would only raise our profile. Like Vicente has - the more games he plays the better this will be, sure - but we were astonished by that transfer coup weren't we? Still seems profoundly unlikely we would ever get Owen for a season or even two but...

His presence would be AWESOME - an ex-spanish international warming up on the touchline is one thing... but MICHAEL f***ing OWEN?!!! Playing for US?!! Think of the fun we would have with chants etc. Good Lord.

Clearly I have become over-excited... I think my crucial point is that even the LINK to an AUDACITYRIFIC bid for Owen raises the clubs profile and marks us down as AMBITIOUS, hopefully encouraging AMBITIOUS and CLASS players to come here. Like CMS for example, another unlikely coup for us.

Frankly it is ridiculous, what happened to my football club? You know, lowly inoffensive BHAFC? Who are these absolute f***ing MADMEN at the helm, signing Vicente and bidding for Owen? TBH i don't think a policy of signing WORLD CLASS sicknotes is a bad one, amongst other players, for a team just out of league one for f***'s sake, just out of 12 years of nomadism and fuckeduppery, if we can afford it and have the testicles which apparently we can/do.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
when people write vincente after so many months of being shouted at for being foolish and unable to spell... well i just also presume they say bascetti bolognaese and rather than write on the keyboard, just mash the buttons with their palm before their carer comes along to sedate them and perhaps wipe the dribble from their chins

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Your post must made me want to stand up and applaud, Mr LivingstonSeagull. My thoughts exactly - he won't come, but even the thought of seeing the guy who score THAT goal against Argentina in a Brighton shirt is something else.

Edit: The post you made at 11:49, in case it wasn't obvious.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would rather we went after somebody like Jason Roberts who cannot play any more games for his club due to a possible new contract clause in his current contract.

He is fit and a proven goalscorer.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As I said elsewhere, Sky Sports News have said in the last half hour that there has been no contact between us and Manure.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Liverpool, Real Madrid, Newcastle, Man Utd, Brighton?

It's not likely is it?

westy

Jul 25, 2003
I would rather we went after somebody like Jason Roberts who cannot play any more games for his club due to a possible new contract clause in his current contract.

He is fit and a proven goalscorer.

Id love us to get Roberts in, he would fit the bill 100%.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here