Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen is coming!!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
CMS is on 17k, I heard from a first team player who will remain unnamed. Apparently a few resent CMS as he is on 4-5 times that of many first team players.

Murray was offered £ 8k and wanted £ 12k and settled for £ 10k at Palace. I don't resent CMS's £ 17k a week as he always puts in a 100% shift.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Guess it wouldn't be in The Sun if there nothing in it, but Id be very depressed to be going for a player who is currently injured until mid Feb and then would probably manage less appearances than Vicente to date!

I absolutely LOVE being a Brighton fan.

We are mid-Championship, which is the best we have been in FAAAR longer than I care to remember, and yet will can still muster up teh ability to be "very depressed" at the idea of us signing MICHAEL OWEN!!!

:laugh:

D

Deleted User X18H

CMS is on 17k, I heard from a first team player who will remain unnamed. Apparently a few resent CMS as he is on 4-5 times that of many first team players.

Probably because he doesn't exist. The salary ceiling of £10k per week has not been breached for regular contracts.

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
I absolutely LOVE being a Brighton fan.

We are mid-Championship, which is the best we have been in FAAAR longer than I care to remember, and yet will can still muster up teh ability to be "very depressed" at the idea of us signing MICHAEL OWEN!!!

:laugh:

Same same.

I for one will be doing the pokey-bum-wank if we signed him.

kano

Jun 17, 2011
who would owen play instead of, CMS? up front on his own? out on the wing instead of buckley/noone/kaz?

Dont think he could do either job to be honest.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Talksport have just sid that they understand "there is more chance of the moose playing for West Ham than Owen playing for Brighton".

Thread closed.

While I very much doubt ANYTHING will come of this rumour, I certainly wouldn't take the opinion of TalkSHITE as the final word on the subject.

In truth is this prospect any more unlikely than I would have said of Vicente? The only difference would appear to be his level of fame in THIS country. Vicente has been a big name, one of the very biggest, but due to on-going injury problems, the top clubs have gone cold on signing him, but he still wants to play football, so has come here. We don't see much of him, but whenever we do, he's an absolute joy to watch.

Michael Owen could very well be a similar story. I very much doubt it, but, as I say, I felt this way about teh Vicente rumour and I was bang wrong with that one.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
United would be paying most of his wages if he came. The question is where he would fit into the team - certainly not as the player of presence to take the pressure off CMS. Maybe he could take Vicente's place in the treatment room though ....

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
This is actually brilliant, I thought this rumour would never come back! Last summer it was hilarious and now again here :lolol: A genius ploy by the bookies to make themselves more money from mug punters like they did in the summer!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here