Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

outside Woodside road today

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I'm from Worthing - where I went to school (St Andrews) it was either the Albion (for those that actually went to football) or some London top club
wcnige

Exactly. And it was the same at every other comprehensive in Worthing, Lancing and Brighton - Albion or Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea etc but NEVER Palace (or if there were they sensibly kept it quiet:D)

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I would tend to agree, the only time I really spent much time in Sussex since leaving in 85 was in the early to mid-90's, most of that would have been in the Worthing area...I was always bumping into people at games (home and away) and in pubs/clubs in the town...it is maybe 10 miles or so from central Worthing to Hove...if that doesn't make it Brighton territory then I haven't a clue what does.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Worthing is not the heart of BHA country, it's the EDGE of BHA country and is shared with PALACE...

Can't agree. The drive from Withdean to Worthing after a game would suggest that a large proportion of the fans at the game are from that direction.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Exactly. And it was the same at every other comprehensive in Worthing, Lancing and Brighton - Albion or Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea etc but NEVER Palace (or if there were they sensibly kept it quiet:D)

word. I went to Durrington High. I remember clearly the buzz around the whole town before the FA cup in 1983. I also remember very vividly the Cardiff fans getting off at Chapmans by Worthing Station after games at the Goldstone because they knew the town was full of Albion.

I'm glad to see it wasn't just me who got so riled about the suggestion that Worthing would support Palace!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
OK, just to settle this argument. Someone get a map, plot on it where the Albion are, plus all the nearest league clubs...which is err, Pompey, Palace and very little to the East. Find points half way between the clubs, join them up...logically you would expect it to be Brighton territory on the inside and our opponents territory on their side. You might have an area where loyalties are blurred, say 5 miles each side of the half way points...I think by doing that you will prove that Worthing is firmly inside Brighton territory and places like Crawley and Horsham are a little more blurred.

Worthing is not the heart of BHA country, it's the EDGE of BHA country and is shared with PALACE...

Crawley is shared with Palace, if we share Worthing with anyone it will be Pompey.

But if (as you refer to it) the heart of a club is geographically relevant then surely Brighton is nearer to Croydon than Worthing so Worthing should have less Palace supporters per head than Brighton????

Brighton according to Google is 42 miles from Croydon but only 10 miles from Worthing.

word. I went to Durrington High. I remember clearly the buzz around the whole town before the FA cup in 1983. I also remember very vividly the Cardiff fans getting off at Chapmans by Worthing Station after games at the Goldstone because they knew the town was full of Albion.

I'm glad to see it wasn't just me who got so riled about the suggestion that Worthing would support Palace!

I think you'll find the Cardiff fans got off at Worthing because it was pre-arranged with Brighton fans.

I had to read it twice before I understood it too.

I think he means that Croydon is nearer to Brighton than Croydon is to Worthing.

Read it again and it makes sense now!

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
In response to original question. Didn't see one. But that very morning I had been given a warning at work for refusing to serve a palace fan. Could have been the same one. His car had a GU plate, so definitely local.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Seaford to the East.

Eastbourne is full of Chelski scum.

And Hastings are to poor to go to football.

Oi young boy Im rich and I live in Hastings and I follow the albion so stop judging books by the cover you bloody fool

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
over the years i have got on numerous albion coaches from worthing to go to games! i have never seen a palace supporters coach in worthing so to say it is a palace fan base is embarrasing to say the least!

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
I'm a founder member of the West Country Seagulls and most of the people I deal with are from Littlehampton or Worthing originally so I reckon that West Sussex is THE Brighton area!!!
wcnige

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Well Dumfounded Pingu seems to have gone quiet now - perhaps he feels a bit silly having alienated a whole section of Albion fans :lolol:

Sorry, been out all day. What's been said? Missed it all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here