Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

outside Woodside road today

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
what the f*** are you talking about! worthing is full of albion fans ! you are either a wind up merchant or you need to get out more!

I was being partly facetious!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So the Palace fans you know from the area MOVED there.. and this is your evidence?

It appears, no it's absolutely irrefutable, that you made up the bit about loyalties being split between Brighton and Palace. Good. Glad we cleared that up.

The point about 'true' fans is irrelevant to this argument also. It's about what is Brighton country. Forget all the people who support Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal. Forget also the discussion about Worthing people supporting Worthing FC. We were discussing the geographical borders of Brighton's main support. Worthing is well within those borders and has a HUGE (relatively speaking) Brighton fanbase. Whether they should be supporting Brighton is another matter and not what we were debating.

No doubt you'll be wanting the last word here (it is your modus operandi, after all) but I'm hoping it's an apology to Worthingers for suggesting that they might want to support Palace.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
So the Palace fans you know from the area MOVED there.. and this is your evidence?

It appears, no it's absolutely irrefutable, that you made up the bit about loyalties being split between Brighton and Palace. Good. Glad we cleared that up.

The point about 'true' fans is irrelevant to this argument also. It's about what is Brighton country. Forget all the people who support Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal. Forget also the discussion about Worthing people supporting Worthing FC. We were discussing the geographical borders of Brighton's main support. Worthing is well within those borders and has a HUGE (relatively speaking) Brighton fanbase. Whether they should be supporting Brighton is another matter and not what we were debating.

No doubt you'll be wanting the last word here (it is your modus operandi, after all) but I'm hoping it's an apology to Worthingers for suggesting that they might want to support Palace.

Fine, Worthing has a HUGE (relatively speaking) Brighton fanbase. Okay.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
There was a young kid wearing a Barcalona shirt, he got some micking taking about it being a Palace shirt and wasn't best pleased.

That's what I saw as well. There were young kids in Prem shirts but not adults. Interestingly I saw a youngster wearing an Olympiakos shirt. I have one of those which I bought in Athens at their club shop.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
That's what I saw as well. There were young kids in Prem shirts but not adults. Interestingly I saw a youngster wearing an Olympiakos shirt. I have one of those which I bought in Athens at their club shop.

So as Buzzer has mistakenly called this kid a "twat" for wearing what he WRONGLY assumed to be a PALACE shirt, is he going to apologise?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So as Buzzer has mistakenly called this kid a "twat" for wearing what he WRONGLY assumed to be a PALACE shirt, is he going to apologise?

point 1 - you don't do apologies well, do you?

point 2 - My original post was

Did I imagine it or was there a twat in a Palace shirt outside Woodside Road just before 3 pm today?

I clearly imagined it. That is all. I'll be damned if I'm going to apologise for merely imagining things especially considering your half-arsed apology when quite clearly you were spouting bollocks and casting horrible aspersions on my home town. (yes, sir danny. it does matter. I feel violated:blush:).

Stop digging, Penguin.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
point 1 - you don't do apologies well, do you?

point 2 - My original post was

Did I imagine it or was there a twat in a Palace shirt outside Woodside Road just before 3 pm today?

I clearly imagined it. That is all. I'll be damned if I'm going to apologise for merely imagining things especially considering your half-arsed apology when quite clearly you were spouting bollocks and casting horrible aspersions on my home town. (yes, sir danny. it does matter. I feel violated:blush:).

Stop digging, Penguin.

Great. Everything sorted then.

Fine, Worthing has a HUGE (relatively speaking) Brighton fanbase. Okay.

Worthing is full of true Brighton fans and don't ever forget that, my son lives there and he is as true Seagull blue as anyone on here, DONT EVER FORGET THAT.

When you have a spare half hour try getting the train from Worthing to Brighton, it is full of Albion fans when we are playing.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Worthing is full of true Brighton fans and don't ever forget that, my son lives there and he is as true Seagull blue as anyone on here, DONT EVER FORGET THAT.

When you have a spare half hour try getting the train from Worthing to Brighton, it is full of Albion fans when we are playing.

I wonder exactly what the percentage breakdown of a typical Withdean attendance is. How many from Chichester, Brighton, Hove, Worthing, Crawley, Hastings etc etc. I'm sure someone did a study sometime. If Brighton has a heartland that'll tell you exactly where it is. I've got a feeling more Albion fans live in East Sussex as in West Sussex you have Pompey and Southampton to the west and Palace to the north. All you have in East Sussex is Gillingham over in Kent? And maybe the increasing influence of Charlton who are targetting people in East Sussex?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I reckon that once you get west of Bognor there is more chance that someone will be a Pompey fan than an Albion one as you are more than half way between the two cities...to the same extent, I have met Albion fans from places like Tonbridge Wells in Kent, so that kind of backs up the theory of there being nothing to the east.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm not from Worthing but anyone who has followed the Albion for longer than a couple of games will know that Worthing have ALWAYS had a huge presence at Brighton games, home & away. Worthing is Albion territory, 100%; I thought that was just taken for granted. Littlehampton have a good Albion following, Bognor is split between Brighton & Pompey, (with more Pompey recently to the glory hunter factor). Chichester is pretty much getting into Pompey territory.

Palace are from Surrey, that's it.

Worthing is ALBION.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No, no, no and again no.

I said (and it's an important point) that Worthing is IN the heart of BHA country i.e. Sussex from Bognor in the west to Hastings in the east up to Horsham. So yes, well within the HEART of Brighton country.

And please explain the Palace comment. As someone who was born and grew up there, who still has friends and family there who are ardent Albion fans, neither I nor them have many (any) Palace supporting friends from the area. Where did you get this fact? On what basis would Worthing fans even want to support Palace? Surely, it would be Pompey if it were on the edge of BHA country as Bognor is. I know a few Bognor Brighton fans and there is definitely a Brighton/Pompey split.

So....produce the proof or apologise to the terrible slur on Worthingers please.

LA is definately Brighton but Bognor is very much more Pompey than us.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ha Ha Worthing is Palace. I can just see them coming in the Clifton before a game in the 70`s and 80`s.

I would LOVE IT, just LOVE IT, it that were to happen, as we and Keegan used to say in the old days.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Worthing is not the heart of BHA country, it's the EDGE of BHA country and is shared with PALACE...

I would think that there are more Brighton fans in Worthing than any other town in Sussex outside of Brighjton and Hove.

You, Sir, are a nob, if you believe such a statemen unless it is said as a wind up to provoke response in which case I am guilty.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I would think that there are more Brighton fans in Worthing than any other town in Sussex outside of Brighjton and Hove.

You, Sir, are a nob, if you believe such a statemen unless it is said as a wind up to provoke response in which case I am guilty.

Well said sir.

Penguin, I think you'd be surprised exactly how many of those around you in the North Stand live in Worthing as the town is predominently blue and white and to say Worthing is split with Palace is unbeleivable.

You've posted some tripe before but this takes the biscuit!

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
I'm from Worthing - where I went to school (St Andrews) it was either the Albion (for those that actually went to football) or some London top club
wcnige

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here