Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

outside Woodside road today

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You must remember the like of Will Davey and Nicky Turner.

Nick I still rate as a good friend and Will...................... well.

had a pint with Nick last night.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nick I still rate as a good friend and Will...................... well.

had a pint with Nick last night.

Does Nick still wear 8 jumpers under his jacket.

When you see him next ask him about him , I think it was him as memory is fading, getting thrown out at Chesterfield for sitting on the roof of the gents to watch the game and the old bill said he was a peeping tom.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I wonder exactly what the percentage breakdown of a typical Withdean attendance is. How many from Chichester, Brighton, Hove, Worthing, Crawley, Hastings etc etc. I'm sure someone did a study sometime. If Brighton has a heartland that'll tell you exactly where it is. I've got a feeling more Albion fans live in East Sussex as in West Sussex you have Pompey and Southampton to the west and Palace to the north. All you have in East Sussex is Gillingham over in Kent? And maybe the increasing influence of Charlton who are targetting people in East Sussex?

Not wanting to have a dig but I think you will find that the majority of the Albion's support comes from places such as Littlehampton, Worthing, Lancing & Shoreham...More so than from the East of Brighton & Hove and even Brighton & Hove itself.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I saw an Ice-cream van after the match and just HAD to go for a 99....it cost £1 though!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
There are quite a few Palace fans in Worthing, ones that have moved down and relatives of them in my experience. Hardly shared though, there are loads of Albion fans in Worthing.

I have never met a single Portsmouth fan from Worthing, think I have seen someone wearing a Portsmouth shirt once.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Who gives a shit?

Us Worthingers! 'Tis a dreadful slur on our good name to suggest that we'd support Palace. As for Worthing being full of Pompey, Danny Seagull...don't you start! Never seen a Pompey shirt EVER in Worthing. 1st time I've ever seen a Palace shirt too was on Saturday (as confirmed by Dougal).

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Us Worthingers! 'Tis a dreadful slur on our good name to suggest that we'd support Palace. As for Worthing being full of Pompey, Danny Seagull...don't you start! Never seen a Pompey shirt EVER in Worthing. 1st time I've ever seen a Palace shirt too was on Saturday (as confirmed by Dougal).

Well, I have seen more palace shirts in Brighton than Worthing, but, like you have said in the past, my reaction to them is really just sort of bemusement, a kind of disbelief that anyone could even dream of supporting Palace, it really is quite a peculiar feeling that I don't have towards any other clubs supporters.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Well, I have seen more palace shirts in Brighton than Worthing, but, like you have said in the past, my reaction to them is really just sort of bemusement, a kind of disbelief that anyone could even dream of supporting Palace, it really is quite a peculiar feeling that I don't have towards any other clubs supporters.

Agree. Mind you. I've never seen a Palace shirt in 'scoomb, Bevendean or Coldean. Wonder how long any Palace fan would last there!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Agree. Mind you. I've never seen a Palace shirt in 'scoomb, Bevendean or Coldean. Wonder how long any Palace fan would last there!

True, tends to be more in town...mind you have seen one bloke in a Palace shirt in Churchill square getting a right lot of stick off a local lad..this bloke just stood there while this bloke berated him, I thought he was going to cry.

Having been one of the Selhurst Six who once sat in the Arthur Waite Stand in an Albion shirt during a Palace v Norwich City game, being abused enthusiastically by the ENTIRE Holmesdale Stand, all I would say is that people sometimes appear in the strangest of places and it DOESN'T REALLY MATTER.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Having been one of the Selhurst Six who once sat in the Arthur Waite Stand in an Albion shirt during a Palace v Norwich City game, being abused enthusiastically by the ENTIRE Holmesdale Stand, all I would say is that people sometimes appear in the strangest of places and it DOESN'T REALLY MATTER.

I don't think that a Palace supporter being spotted matters either. It was the insinuation by Penguin that Worthing is Palace territory that has upset the West Sussex contingent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here