Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Out sung, yet again.....

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Never outsung today. Granted Pompey fans didn't give up for 90 minutes, but their chants were sporadic and repetitive. Actually thought North Stand/WSU did a fantastic job, thought atmosphere was very good in comparison to many games this year.

'Puffa jacket nob' or whatever people call him on here; you finally got the Gus Poyet's Blue and White Army song going, and it created a great wall of sound from the North! Good effort sir, you make me chuckle.

You mean the judge!!!!! I could see him and his mates giving in large at the back of the north!!!!

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
First time in the North stand yesterday, usually in WSU. I was down near the front and would definitely trade my better view in the WSU to be closer to the pitch, smelling the grass, being part of more chants and being able to stand without getting the evil eye from stewards and everyone around!

It was great, but could still get even better because there seems to be quite a split between east and west side of the northstand, quite a few times new chants were started by both sections and they go on competing with each other for a minute or two until both songs die out instead of all singing the same chants. Have never noticed that from my usual perch because I guess neither ever get loud enough to be heard.

Last edited:

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
This time by the cheats. Are we ever going to re create the atmosphere generated at the Liverpool or Leeds games?

Its getting a bit painful.....

Not sure we were out sung mate.

Their one song was loud a few times, but the North kept going all game pretty much.

It was properly loud in North for a lot of the game.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
North Stand was quiet (yet again) from where i was sitting,wrong uns,were lot louder than us today,til we scored that is.

Really? How strange. I thought it was ok.

Then again I do join in with 90% of the songs so is hard to tell sometimes how loud it is when @wayneflete and I are giving it the full beans.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I saw the pompey fans start to sing when the teams came out before they were drowned out by the brighton fans, then in the second half when they had a few attacks they seemed to perk up a bit, but not for long.

I don't think they were even close to 'outsinging us' and certainly weren't 'about even'. We outsung them.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I sit on the halfway line in WSU and the Pompey end was a hell of a lot louder than the north.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
I saw the pompey fans start to sing when the teams came out before they were drowned out by the brighton fans, then in the second half when they had a few attacks they seemed to perk up a bit, but not for long.

I don't think they were even close to 'outsinging us' and certainly weren't 'about even'. We outsung them.

Are you sat in the North Stand singing also?

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I think their one song makes a lot of noise, but so does our Albion Albion when it gets going.

North was good. Lots of variety of songs and as such they may not have quite the volume of that Play up Pompey dirge, but still was a good atmosphere IMO.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
All depends where you sit. I'm in WSL near the southstand. Hardly heard anything from North or East and West was very quiet. Only noise came from Pompey. For me one of the quietest games so far this season .

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
So,your next to the north stand,im on the 18yard line at the wsl towards away fans,and like i say,hardly heard a peep out of the north,need people in the north to get into west upper next season,will sound loads better then.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Heard the Pompey fans twice all game, thought they were very poor considering their numbers.

North was pretty good, got some good chants going, just need to get both sides going in sync. West were a bit disappointing today, but all in all, we were not outsung at all.

This is the problem. Quite often the North aren't in synch with themselves, let alone with the rest of the ground. Once this gets sorted, it will be immense.

The holy grail for me would be get the whole of the North singing a verse of GOSBTS at the right pace, with the right words. That would really be fantastic. Even when we've got the music playing, the speed merchants totally ignore it and go off at 100mph.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
The north has lots of songs but is not very loud!

This is either down to not singing as one or not singing loud enough, will be realy good when it gets it's act together. Needs one group leading not several singing different songs at the same time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here