Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Out sung, yet again.....

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Thank you, I did my best.
From where I stand in the North (close to the West), the east side of the North often sound really loud but us "right side Brighton boys" don't seem to join in with them.
:D

We never stop singing at the back of the right side. Always exhausted at the end of the game. Think there is too big a distance between left and right sides, hence the problem. We'll start a song, but they'll start a different song simultaneously, hence it rarely properly kicks off.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Funny how many players say on Twitter how amazing the atmosphere is. Perhaps one for our illiterate newshound HB&B to put to Gus next time they are sat in the sauna together after another in-depth exclusive interview with whatever magnificent publication that Timmy works for.

He Shot He Scored

Jan 25, 2010
Anyone who thinks its quiet at the Amex , well, you're never going to be easy to please if you really think that. The atmosphere to me is always fantastic and the close season will feel SO long without an Amex fix. It's going to be quiet for some spells of games, but generally, there's plenty of singing, and when it really gets going a la Burnley, it must be really intimidating for the away team. Our players are always saying how the atmosphere lifts them, but maybe they would be saying that anyway. But when the TV commentators say it (like on Saturday) and particularly away players and managers, you know its for real.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Our players are always saying how the atmosphere lifts them, but maybe they would be saying that anyway. But when the TV commentators say it (like on Saturday) and particularly away players and managers, you know its for real.
Very much this. There have been several comments from impartial media pundits and away team managers about how good the atmosphere is at The Amex. I'm sure that at least one away manager even called it "intimidating".

My own "matchday experience" (20,000 Albion fans + The Amex/WSU + Gus's Team + Harveys) is near to heaven.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Is there anything the club can do to improve acoustics? Because I hardly heard the scummers sing all game, and if people in the WSL on half-way line can't hear us, something's wrong. Maybe the roof in the north needs to be lowered :lolol:

errr, FYI - 'Scummers' is how Portsmouth fans refer to Southampton FC followers.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think my comment earlier should have closed the thread. Yes its not quite fenerbache when they play galatasary but its a hell of alot noiser than virtually any of the grounds that i have been to this season. which is all of them.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
What stand were you in???

Pompey were much quieter than i expected and our end of the WSU seemed to quieten them down until they virtually gave up.

And if you are refering to the Play up Pompey you must realise that alot of Albion (not me i hasten to say) were changing it to Pay up Pompey so maybe you got confused???

We definitely out sung them and the atmosphere was pretty good.

I agree 99% there mate. I thought the Pompey support was crap. It did seem louder than the North for a couple of chants but we are a lot nearer the North. Although we have heard the North louder i thought they kept going most of the match and a lot of movement was visable from WSU. Not the best but certainly not the worst and not outsung!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
this atmosphere bit has been done to death before...we all know that its miles better than it has been at either Goldstone/Gillingham or Withdean....we all know that it depends where u sit ..like i am near the away support course i am going to hear them more than the north stand (at times)...do we care what the opposition think? NO....i love going to the amex...i think the atmosphere is great.. some matches better than others..sure...on the whole 2nd halves seem better..tht doesn't mean i think 1st halves aren't good...so lets put this fekin notion that our ground has no soul or atmosphere to bed..we all know it has..how loud it is..i repeat...DEPENDS WHERE U SIT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here