Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Out sung, yet again.....

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I was in the North & didn't think it was as loud as it has been for most of the season.

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
This time by the cheats. Are we ever going to re create the atmosphere generated at the Liverpool or Leeds games?

Its getting a bit painful.....

Utter rubbish IMO, thought we gave a good vocal account of ourselves yesterday. Leeds best atmosphere easily but thought Ipwich beat Liverpool for atmosphere...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I was in the east stand and have to say the home fans were loud. i think we need to stop beatimg ourselves up. im normally in wsu but that aside having been to every away game ita fair to say most home supports have been v v quiet. i cant think of any that i thought "wow".

Appreciate still burnley, blackpool, whu, barnsley and forest to go...

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Seemed a bit tense in WSL yesterday. Pompey fans asking if the Amex is a library made me smile. Certainly a quiet first half (love the old boys sitting next to me complaining that "no one is singing" when they never, ever sing!!).

Pompey did OK with their one tedious song but on TV highlights they specifically mentioned how the fans backed the Albion. So maybe we are better than we think we are.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Think the south does hold the noise better than the north or east but it wont be a problem next year.. i do wish the west would do more thou they do sound bloody awesome when they all sing together.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The north did break out the "we forgot that you were here" chant at one point since, it seemed from the north end at least, they hadn't really made much noise.

Oct 25, 2003
a problem in the north is definitely the fact that you often get 2 lots of different songs going at the same time which means that neither is that loud

Let's be logical about this. If it is the home north stand v the away south stand, the away fans (with a full allocation) should win because the stands are almost identical in size and you will usually find away fans are more up for singing than home fans. Sitting in the north, there are plenty of fans who will rarely sing, but I imagine most away fans join in.

For us to really outsing a full allocation of away fans who are very vocal, we therefore need the west and/or east to regularly join in.

Not complaining about the ground (I think it's great) but this is likely to be a problem we will always have as the north and south are the same size and relatively quite small.

Agree about there being more than 1 song being sung by the north half the time. Oh well, guess it's better than none...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not sure we were out sung mate.

Their one song was loud a few times, but the North kept going all game pretty much.

It was properly loud in North for a lot of the game.
U in the north? Because if u were then I'm sure u were loud ..but if u were up near south end they sounded loud and north wasn't IMHO

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Can we come every week . Keep the Blue flag flying High .

This, mate. Great meeting you - bring on the next time!

Too many people still sit in silence in the North and us singers are dotted all over the stand, hence the lack of cohesion. But we'll get there. My throat is sore today, I can tell you.

Is there anything the club can do to improve acoustics? Because I hardly heard the scummers sing all game, and if people in the WSL on half-way line can't hear us, something's wrong. Maybe the roof in the north needs to be lowered :lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

This time by the cheats. Are we ever going to re create the atmosphere generated at the Liverpool or Leeds games?

Its getting a bit painful.....

What stand were you in???

Pompey were much quieter than i expected and our end of the WSU seemed to quieten them down until they virtually gave up.

And if you are refering to the Play up Pompey you must realise that alot of Albion (not me i hasten to say) were changing it to Pay up Pompey so maybe you got confused???

We definitely out sung them and the atmosphere was pretty good.

The judge

Sep 28, 2011
Portslade
This, mate. Great meeting you - bring on the next time!

Too many people still sit in silence in the North and us singers are dotted all over the stand, hence the lack of cohesion. But we'll get there. My throat is sore today, I can tell you.

Is there anything the club can do to improve acoustics? Because I hardly heard the scummers sing all game, and if people in the WSL on half-way line can't hear us, something's wrong. Maybe the roof in the north needs to be lowered :lolol:

We are in the west stand upper next two games eastlondongull and then the last three games back in the north . So will catch up with you at some point . Still in good voice this morning at the kids football . Gus Poyet's Blue and White Army !!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
From the south east corner the Pompey and west stand were the usual volume, but heard very little from the north hence Pompey chanting we forgot you were here.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4779605 said:
The West side of the North is definitely much louder.

In fact, if you lot over there turned to your left as you sing, the noise might reach us a bit better?

Thank you, I did my best. I take it that you are in the West though?

From where I stand in the North (close to the West), the east side of the North often sound really loud but us "right side Brighton boys" don't seem to join in with them.

I thought yesterday's noise was about average - we did go a bit quiet, I think in the 2nd half. The noisiest point though was the 2-0 to the taxpayers song :D

Thank you, I did my best. I take it that you are in the West though?

From where I stand in the North (close to the West), the east side of the North often sound really loud but us "right side Brighton boys" don't seem to join in with them.

I thought yesterday's noise was about average - we did go a bit quiet, I think in the 2nd half. The noisiest point though was the 2-0 to the taxpayers song :D

Nope, I'm the boring side of the North. That Grant guy (mentioned in that other thread) is the only one who gets songs going

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Me and my son was sat next to the pompey fans in the east lower and they was fairly loud, on the other hand we have sat in the west lower next to the north stand and we cant hear each other speak.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
To be honest I actually expected more from them given their plight and in no way were we outsung in anyway shape or form. Every time they did their repetative "Play up Pompey"....it was received with "Pay up Pompey", which only made them shut up!!!! Which I thought was a bit disappointing given their reputation of loud support. I personally hope they survive. Fan banter is one thing....even if it does cut a bit close sometimes!!!!!...for once a lot of us who were there through the dark times times should never forget where we were at at one point in the not to distant past!!...and despite revealing in our success now........wishing another club to cease existance, even after the chants from 'some' of their complete scumbag fans is not something Brighton fans should get on their high horse about!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here