Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Out sung, yet again.....

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
This time by the cheats. Are we ever going to re create the atmosphere generated at the Liverpool or Leeds games?

Its getting a bit painful.....

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
They had their moments but I wouldn't say out sung. I was in the west today and the north sounded fantastic at times, particularly with the 'does the taxman know your here' and '1-0 to the tax payers' :)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
No we weren't. Not the best atmosphere today, but far from the worse. Pompey were nowhere near being the loudest away fans at the Amex.

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
What by 'play up pompey'?do me a favour.was expecting pompey to be loudest we had yet but was very dissapointed from the away end.though thet north was very loud 2day

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
What by 'play up pompey'?do me a favour.was expecting pompey to be loudest we had yet but was very dissapointed from the away end.though thet north was very loud 2day

Seriously? You must have been in the north then.

You have to remember that Pompey fans were treating today like a really big occasion - at best facing relegation and at worst extinction. They were venting their feelings vocally and still weren't that loud. I still think our home vocal support is amongst the best in the Championship and even if we were quiet at times I take comfort from the win and 5th place in the table.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
it depends where you sit in the ground, north was good, but could not hear much from the west whch is strange.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Also the fact that we were singing pay up Pompy would have sounded like Pompey singing on the radio. North in good voice today, west upper a little quiet first half - better second half.

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
Na they weren't you must of been sitting in the East stand right near the pompey fans themselves. They were loud when it came to 'Play up pompey', and the fact they may of been loud was because we were joining in with them. 'Pay up Pompey , Pompey pay up'.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I thought they were shit , their rendition of play up pompey was probably amplified buy the fact that at the same time Brighton were singing pay up pompey , think i heard them sing 1 other song than that and couldn't make that out either.

I thought they would put in a good show but nope not in the top ten singing wise or any otherwise for me .

Last edited:

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Seriously? You must have been in the north then.

Yes was in the north.seriously from the amount of pompey i saw in the town before and how loud they were at brighton station i was expecting alot from them but heard a few play up pompeys and that was it thought they were poor,leeds,palace,wrexham,west ham and even millwall were all louder.we wernt our loudest but northwas still making some noise

The judge

Sep 28, 2011
Portslade
First game at the back of the North for the East stand Nomads made most welcome by the Kollective . Sung a wide range of songs and gave it our best shot as we do every game . Do hope the Club will put like minded people together next season . Go left Go Left .Singing Aye Aye Ashley Barns .

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I thought it was good in the north today - almost constant noise, good variation of song - well done to the left right left leader - a decent real SBTS word two verses - good fun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here