Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Shite FA Cup Draw

excuse me but THIS IS A SHIT TIE

cpfc-clubtie0809_500.jpg

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I for one think this is exactly the kind of tie that gets the old adrenaline pumping again, the camaraderi of a rubbish away tie in the worlds premier cup competition, two teams slapping it out hell for leather with the prospect of another shot at glory, catching a train at silly o'clock in the morning so that you can be there when the local hostalries open, getting lost on the way to the ground, feeling the sense of belonging when you see all the seagulls shirts. You know.

Sorry started to sound like Ron Manager for a moment!

Incidentally have checked out the train ticket situation -

Stockport - if you choose the individual trains you will travel on then it is currently £15 per person per head per leg of the journey, therfore £30 return. If you prefer not to pick and choose then it will cost you a mighty £65 return (Off Peak saver)

Torquay - picking which trains costs £20 per adult per leg of journey, therefore £40. Or not picking and booking an off peak saver = £69.

(ALL PRICES QUOTED FROM LONDON FOR SIMPLICITY)

On that basis I would rather head to Stockers.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm happy with the draw. Poyet is a man with a history of FA Cup success with Chelsea, and he'll know getting through into the 4th Round will bring more exposure to the club. I fully expect us to have sorted our defensive problems out by January, while we'll always carry a goal threat, so I'm optimistic of making the 4th Round.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
you can always take it back. i feel sure if you explained the reason behind why it's such a shit tie.

Well I may or may not be speaking on behalf of the 3000 or so fans that were there on saturday but, if you were there then im sure you will agree with me that the game on a whole was terrible including the weather which you cant help obviously.
Defence were hoofing the ball at every opportunity they got,
Smith in goal was dodgey once again ( maybe he cant help it due to a poor back line.

Dickinson wasnt good , hes scored two shite goals which my nan could of got , but the argus make him sound so much better than he is :bla:

Oh and Rushden IMO deserved to go away with either a replay or the 3rd round place.

I hope you can see where im coming from with not being happy ,
But i suppose you cant help the draw :shrug:

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
This tie could have been so much worse. Okay it could have been at home for one but we have a massive opportunity to make it through to round 4. If anyone had been offered the chance of being in the hat for round 4 at the start of the season they would have taken it. f*** me, lets just for once look at the positives.

:bla::bla::bla:

Actually I thought last Saturday was most enjoyable. Not the greatest quality game in terms of ability but it wasa proper see sawing cup tie.

any anyway - Cup ties are ONLY about winning. Doesn't matter how , just as long as we do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here