Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Shite FA Cup Draw

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Swansea was mid week and we didnt even sell our share which we would in a 4th round tie.

I would have expected both to have been significantly higher than either Torquay or Stockport.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Are people seriously sayimg when the draw as made we were hoping we would be drawn away to f***ing Stockport or Torquay. Its a TURD Admit it.

Yes. Because only the "real fans" would make the trip.

Perhaps some of the NSC cognoscenti could sit in front of their pcs listening to every word from Norman Gall with a rising tumescence as we reached the fourth round.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's clearly not. Of the 63 other teams we could have faced, Stockport or Torquay is probably about the fifth best chance of a win. That is GOOD, if the overall objective is to end up playing one of the big boys.

What people forget is that at this stage, although the top clubs come in, the chances of pulling one out the hat are still only about 7 in 63. Get a winnable tie now and the chances are HALVED for the next round:thumbsup:

El Pres in 100% agreement with TCB sensation :thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes. Because only the "real fans" would make the trip.

Perhaps some of the NSC cognoscenti could sit in front of their pcs listening to every word from Norman Gall with a rising tumescence as we reached the fourth round.

Although personally I miss the hyperbolic self centred whining from superfans if we had an away match at a glamour club, and the guaranteed rants of people who WILL NEVER GO AGAIN because Dick Knight, Tony Bloom, Mike Bamber et al are personally disrespecting them by not hand delivering a ticket on a silver platter to their house.

I also wonder how many people who will balk at the ticket/travel/burger costs of going to Stockport would have somehow managed to find the cash had the match been ten miles further north.

The 15 pages of binfestery are sorely missed too.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not very exciting, perhaps - but one we do have a CHANCE of winning. The further we can go before getting that big game (in which we will be well beaten, but will no doubt be plucky in the Sundat papers the next day) the better. We could have just been drawn away to a top championship club - no excitement, no glamour, no big publicity - and f*** all chance of getting through to the fourth round.

Patience, people.

Away to Stockport in the third round, home to Barnet in the fourth, ...

... and THEN a big game in the round of the last 16 [or, failing that, an NSC binfest about how f***ing tragic it is that we have a winable tie that might get us into the last 8 of the FA Cup]

Nice plan, but the problem is once we've disposed of Stockport and Barnet I don't actually think there are any more teams we are capable of beating!
But that's the WHOLE POINT of the FA Cup.

It's the ONLY competition in English football that GUARANTEES that 761 teams will eventually LOSE a game.

And you get £247,500 for being the exciting underdog in the fifth round who gets their game shown live on ITV.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
There were TWO possible good outcomes of the draw today

1) We get drawn at Old Trafford or similar
2) We get a winnable tie so we get a chance of 1) in the next round

If we're moaning about getting to play Stockport because they might beat us then we may as well accept relegation. Theyre shithouse, we should win, then we get the above choice again in round four. I agree with those above; I was f***ing petrified when Blackpool came out of the hat. Couldnt think of a worse place to go and lose.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A chance of getting to the fourth round for first time in 17 years and he is F***ed Off?

Superfan alert!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Patience, people.

Away to Stockport in the third round, home to Barnet in the fourth, ...

... and THEN a big game in the round of the last 16 [or, failing that, an NSC binfest about how f***ing tragic it is that we have a winable tie that might get us into the last 8 of the FA Cup]

where were you Saturday Lord B?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Just to let everyone know that im F*CKED OFF that we have got such a shit tie today. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

you can always take it back. i feel sure if you explained the reason behind why it's such a shit tie, then the sales assistant will probably understand and give you a refund. Burtons are quite good at that.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well if The Hatters do beat The Gulls then El Pres wont have far to go for the game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here