Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our penalty takers

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wanted to do a poll but dont know how so perhaps someone will help out !

Assuming they are Playing who should be our penalty taker. I would vote for Sparrow.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sparrow based on what??

Elphick I'd say, always smashes them in, 100% record too ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sparrow based on what??

Elphick I'd say, always smashes them in, 100% record too ?

He took them for Scunthorpe and his penalty at Woking was the best of the evening very hard and accurate.

According to Radio Sussex Barnes one last bight was dependant on placement but with no power and to the keepers strongest side.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Awful penalty from Barnes last night - PUT YOUR FOOT THROUGH THE BALL :angry:

Agreed.

Perhaps somebody could check but I think all our saved penalties have been weak shots low to one side.
Even some of the ones we have scored have been weak shots where luckily the 'keeper went the wrong way.

:amex::ascarf:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Penalties are so difficult to judge, if Barnes sends the keeper the wrong way then nothing will be said about it. If the keeper guesses right it's a terrible penalty. I think more credit should go to keepers for saving rather than players criticised for missing. Of course it helps if you can welly it good and proper in the side netting or corners, but not many people have the ability to do that regularly

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ankergren

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Murray took a great penalty v woking, powerful, keeper had little chance of saving it. Yet, in matches he never puts any power into them and rolls them into an easy place to save. Sparrow did have a good penalty v woking, but would he take a different pen in matches too? Like others have said, this was Barnes's first miss on his fourth attempt, and there were some serious mind games going on. He should get the next one if he's on the pitch.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sparrow would be best IF he was playing week in week out.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Agdestein:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here