Chandlers Ford
40 now

Im going for 5 in the boxing

The remaining 3 in the velodrome

1 in the BMX

2 in the horsy dancing

1 in the sailing

1 in the canoeing

And who knows maybe a couple of surprises in the track and field.

55-57 is a reasonable target.

Should we have done better since its a home Olympics? Not sure, but the medal spread across a range of events is pleasing. If our swimmers had done slightly better we may have hit 60+

Brownlees in the triathlon.
Grabarz in the high jump.
GB chap in 2nd going into the final race of the windsurfing.
Mountain bike.
Turner in the 110m hurdles.
Farah in the 5000m

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
One of the brothers has a 15 sec penalty now

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One of the brothers has a 15 sec penalty now

It's a bit unsatisfactory as it can make the end result confusing. There should be the means to impose the penalty in the middle of the race, say at the next transition, so the order over the line is the finishing result. (Or do they do that anyway?)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's a bit unsatisfactory as it can make the end result confusing. There should be the means to impose the penalty in the middle of the race, say at the next transition, so the order over the line is the finishing result. (Or do they do that anyway?)

This IS what happens. He has to stop for 15 seconds at a checkpoint (of his choice) during the run.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Brownlee brothers are both pretty special. I get the feeling that, even with the 15 second penalty, JB will still end up with a medal.

As for the medal total? I'd go for 60 tops, but probably ending with 54/55.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Johnny tiring badly but hopefully can hold on to bronze, would take a a lot of effort now. Alistair's gap is geeting bigger into the final lap.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gold for AB!

(Don't like to see that walking across the line, mind. It's a bit disrespectful IMO)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
(Don't like to see that walking across the line, mind. It's a bit disrespectful IMO)
Not at all, he was just soaking up the moment, and once in a lifetime moment. It doesn't do a disservice to the man finishing second.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gold for AB!

Not done out of disrespect. I imagine he stopped and turned, waiting to see who was behind him, hoping it was his brother, so they could cross the line together.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not at all, he was just soaking up the moment, and once in a lifetime moment. It doesn't do a disservice to the man finishing second.
Yeah possibly.

Not done out of disrespect. I imagine he stopped and turned, waiting to see who was behind him, hoping it was his brother, so they could cross the line together.
I doubt it. He'd have seen his brother 18 seconds behind him on that final lap as they doubled back.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If he had waited until 2nd place was really close, and then crossed the line, while dancing and gloating, that would have been disrespectful. But he will never win gold in front of his home crowd again, so bloody enjoy it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here