Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our new academy , waste of money?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
we've spunked money on lots of totally unnecessary things over the past 3 years when we should have been learning to play football.

Erm what?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ah, so what you mean is:

Genius, saves money on players!

I genuinely have no idea what you are talking about.

I would love to have a reasoned debate on here about what I think the club has wasted money on but that isn't going to happen so Pies is my answer.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I genuinely have no idea what you are talking about.

I would love to have a reasoned debate on here about what I think the club has wasted money on but that isn't going to happen so Pies is my answer.

Now you have me hooked please enlighten me, a comedy answer does not suffice

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

How can we genuinely debate what you think, if you don't tell us what you think?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Have you seen our current facilities at all? They are no way suitably for 'elite athletes' that we are spending hundreds of thousands of pounds a week on in terms of wages.

The new facilities will be for the first team, development squad and youth academy, not just to develop youth. We can't keep using a third parties facilities where some of the team use e-sporta for gym faclities like some micky mouse club. Where is the future of the Club if that continues? Not in the Championship that's for sure.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Which part do you need explaining?

All of it? Most of it? Some of it? Any of it?

You can't make a stupid statement like you did and then get all precious when asked to be more specific.

Unless of course you consider the money spent on building a new stadium 'spunked'? Or maybe a few new players is money 'spunked'? We'd like to know what you consider to be money 'spunked'.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
All of it? Most of it? Some of it? Any of it?

You can't make a stupid statement like you did and then get all precious when asked to be more specific.

Unless of course you consider the money spent on building a new stadium 'spunked'? Or maybe a few new players is money 'spunked'? We'd like to know what you consider to be money 'spunked'.

This is why.

simpleton

Apr 23, 2011
This is bizarre. Nibble saying he wants to post something about how the club wastes money but wont because he's sure someone will disagree with him - so instead he posts about how is going to keep schtum on a message board.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
This is why.

Quite a pathetic response from somebody looking for a reasoned debate on matters he refuses to disclose for any reasoned debate to take place.

You have said that the club has 'spunked' money away over three years but don't want to give us the benefit of your insight. Come on, don't be shy. Let's have a reasoned debate.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I never said I was looking for any debate at all. Hells Bells people. Apologies to any and all for the offense I seem to have caused. As you were.

simpleton

Apr 23, 2011
I never said I was looking for any debate at all. Hells Bells people. Apologies to any and all for the offense I seem to have caused. As you were.

Im not offended, just interested in what 'totally unnecessary things' exactly 'money has been be spunked on'.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

There has been no offence people are quite clearly intrigued by what you believe the club has spunked the money on, who knows some might even agree

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here