Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our mentality's all wrong - even the supporters

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008
Agreed.

Without knowing what gannon was like, think it would have been a massive improvement. At least he was a ex pro who played the game.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If results dont improve in the next month I expect Bloom to axe the manager in November giving the new man a chance to assess the squad before a hectic xmas period and the transfer window re-opens.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We're a laughing stock across the country? Sorry, I couldn't read past such a ridiculous statement.

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008
I cant give up my information. but thats not the issue here. The fact is can he lead us to promotion? Does he command respect from the players?

Not in my opinion

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We are building a £ 90 000 000 stadium and have invested heavily in the squad and are in the relegation zone and out of the cups. I would imagine a few fans who follow football would find that highly amusing.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
There really aren't any positives to come out of losing, its never a good thing.

Of course players and managers must try and find some, just to show the fan's and their employers that they can recover from any situation.

Some do and go on to better things and bizaarely mention a loss as the 'turning point'.

But most when losing too regularly fail miserably and inevitably people get sacked.

I dont know if Slade is a genius or useless but either way he must start winning soon, with a wealthy owner and a new stadium opening soon we have options and one of them may be to get rid of the coaching staff.

I have been quite surprised how so many on here have kept the faith with Slade this year, although we got out of trouble at the end of last season so few games was never a reliable indicator.

Maybe its just another example of how so many on here offer a view that although proved wrong, will continue to offer a view on a similiar matter as if their last view was in someway proved right !!!

For example take Uncle Spielberg, now you current view on Slade may be correct, it may not, but remember you wanted Wilkins out and Adams in, but undeterred you comment vigorously against Slade, just as you did against Wilkins and for Adams.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was wrong about Adams but Wilkins didn't not like but respected for this 7th. I would not have sacked him after that season. The last manager who had my complete support was McGhee.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We are building a £ 90 000 000 stadium and have invested heavily in the squad and are in the relegation zone and out of the cups. I would imagine a few fans who follow football would find that highly amusing.

Most of the country probably don't care about us enough to follow our form. We're not leeds, we're not a team that talks up how big they are and then fail to get out league 1 several years in a row.

I'd imagine palace fans would find it funny, maybe pompy or southampton fans (though given the state of their clubs, I'm not sure they'd be so eager to make fun of us).

So no, to call us a laughing stock is so far from the truth it detracts from any legitimate points you may make afterward, make it seem like you don't have a clue. I don't think that's true, but it's how you come across when you over shoot so far on the hyperbole.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I was wrong about Adams but Wilkins didn't not like but respected for this 7th. I would not have sacked him after that season. The last manager who had my complete support was McGhee.

But by wanting Adams you must of supported Wilkins sacking.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Now I am not one for rose tinted specs, and I take your points BUT I really do believe that we are a better team than last year and I really do believe that our results make us look a damn sight worse than we are. I watched us dominate Orient last night, in the same way we dominated Southend and, to a lesser extent, MK franchise. How we managed to come away with no points and out of the piss pot is baffling and frustrating but we are not far off being back in contention in my view.

Losing games in the last minute and against the run of play needs to be addressed, we do seem to be getting caught napping by poor teams at the very death which is massively demotivating for the squad, on the other hand we need to be putting these teams to the sword during the 90 to avoid this possibility, I think Murray is looking up for it again and just needs a little time settling back in and scoring some goals. When we have a potent pairing up front I can see us pissing all over most of the teams in this league.

There is a lot of truth in the saying that luck balances itself out over the season and we need a bit of that too.

*edit* I thought we were shit against Brentford though.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Wheres the relevance of this. Thats in the past!

Its about credability.

Although I accept that results and tables do not always reflect the quality of the manager, it is what we on the outside have to use for an indicator of a managers ability, some of us are willing to allow a manager more time to see exactly how this might pan out than others.

My point is that the same people that were embracing Slades longer term appointment are now vehemently wanting him sacked some 6 weeks later.

Some are the same people that also celebrated the Adams appointment and Wilkins sacking.

Undeterred these poster continue to offer a view without acknowledgement of their previous errors, I just find it baffling.

My own view on Slade is that it was likely to be a risky appointment based on so few games, and because of his recent bad results my view hasn't changed and I would supect he is under some pressure to deliver results.

But the man that appointed him some weeks ago must also take some responsibility if he feels that Slade must now go because Tony Blooms judgement is paramount to the future progress of the club.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Now I am not one for rose tinted specs, and I take your points BUT I really do believe that we are a better team than last year and I really do believe that our results make us look a damn sight worse than we are. I watched us dominate Orient last night, in the same way we dominated Southend and, to a lesser extent, MK franchise. How we managed to come away with no points and out of the piss pot is baffling and frustrating but we are not far off being back in contention in my view.

Losing games in the last minute and against the run of play needs to be addressed, we do seem to be getting caught napping by poor teams at the very death which is massively demotivating for the squad, on the other hand we need to be putting these teams to the sword during the 90 to avoid this possibility, I think Murray is looking up for it again and just needs a little time settling back in and scoring some goals. When we have a potent pairing up front I can see us pissing all over most of the teams in this league.

There is a lot of truth in the saying that luck balances itself out over the season and we need a bit of that too.

Sorry, but all of that was said last season and we escaped relegation at half-four on the final day. It's wearing a bit thin, you must understand where I'm coming from?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What we need is a dedicated defensive coach I think.

How many last min goals have we conceded? Most of our sendings off have been f***ing stupid when there has been no danger. I accept hacking someone down in the last min if thru on goal, but not when we are getting players sent off for challenges on the half way line etc.

Going forward we are ok.

And why against MK Dons was KFC, Freddie Mercury and Salde all shouting instructions AT THE SAME TIME? I bet the players didnt have a f***ing clue who to listen to.

There is a saying about TOO MANY COOKS.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Word.

Not only are the team a laughing stock acorss the Country but worse still our fans will soon become a bigger laughing stock. Excuses are Us. There will never be ANY pressure on Slade or Bloom to deliver results with a fan base so happy with SHITE results.

Its quite bizarre 2 wins , 3 draws and 7 defeats this season and still everyone it seems is perfectly happy with everything. We assume " things will get better", " we will get the rub of the green ", " we will get better refs ", " we will start to gel ". Its the season of EXCUSES and at this rate are sleep walking to Division 4.

All I expect from the Slade is a messiah crowd is to be told to f*** off, go and support another team or the wanker sign but if anyone could explain why everyone is so happy with us in the relegation zone and out of both cup competitions at the first hurdle I would be interested to know.

I agree entirely, this season so far has been dreadful but all we see is 'its only this cup' 'they were very good' 'unlucky with that' 'shouldn't have been a sending off' 'always going to struggle with ten'. Our form thus far is that of a team destined for relegation and despite all this talk of gelling e.t.c, we may well look better going forward, but the defence is still a complete and utter shambles, so bad it is simply embarrassing at times. We are still heavily reliant on one man for goals, the 5 red card are no ones fault but ours and the managers/coaching staff. To be honest this has been a dreadful season so far but the continued optimism and positivity is a real worry for me because how on earth are things going to improve when this season so far, with us sitting in the relegation zone deservedly, is apparently worth it.

Yes slades a great bloke and yes he kept us up last season against all the odds but i maintain that he is not the man to get us out of this league and into the championship where we all want to be.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

i think we must have watched different games last night! we looked okay in the first half but fairly poor in the second. compare the number of proper scoring chances the 2 teams created - we had a few shots from distance but that was about all. MK dons beat us in second gear on saturday. if forster doesn't make something out of nothing then we lose most weeks.

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008
What we need is a dedicated defensive coach I think.

How many last min goals have we conceded? Most of our sendings off have been f***ing stupid when there has been no danger. I accept hacking someone down in the last min if thru on goal, but not when we are getting players sent off for challenges on the half way line etc.

Going forward we are ok.

And why against MK Dons was KFC, Freddie Mercury and Salde all shouting instructions AT THE SAME TIME? I bet the players didnt have a f***ing clue who to listen to.

There is a saying about TOO MANY COOKS.

I bet they were'nt listening to either of them in all honesty. If you have ever seen the three stoogees then you ll know what i think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here