Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT How to reduce rush hour traffic problems on the M25

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
We are an island so all of the foreign cars or lorries have to pass through a port with customs so why cant we issue fines to foreign vehicles exactly the same as to UK registered and then through computer linking which must be available impound and refuse an exit to the ferry for any vehicles that have a fine outstanding against them.
When the fine is paid the vehicles is released and would then have to book another crossing. How many firms would allow their lorries to be impounded and refuse exit, not very many I wouldnt think. It wouldnt definitely make the driving better but could make the drivers think a little more and respect our laws and abide by them.

how dare you come on here and speak common sense!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ed. what sort of car has a delimiter at 100mph?

Transport Guru

Nov 11, 2011
Brighton
Hilarious - the irony of people complaining about traffic jams whilst causing them by sitting in their cars!! Why are we so obsessed with cars? I worked in Italy for a few years and there’s thousands of people using mopeds to get to work. & before you mention weather it was -6⁰C last time I was in Turin there were still 000’s of them. I think you are all becoming fat and lazy and that's why most of you are car crazy - no wonder UK plc is bankrupt...

Transport Guru

Nov 11, 2011
Brighton
Is this chat room sponsored by the Daily Mail?

Try this one - no 'foreign cars or lorries would both coming here if they were fined or taxed. Then we'd have to be self-sufficient in food for instance. That'll teach you fatties, when you're eating boiled potatoes all day every day, boiled because most of the fat we eat gets shipped to Holland from Brazil and loaded on a lorry. Next time we try the little islander line try to remember it's a global economy now and we can't live without foreigners bring our food...

We are an island so all of the foreign cars or lorries have to pass through a port with customs so why cant we issue fines to foreign vehicles exactly the same as to UK registered and then through computer linking which must be available impound and refuse an exit to the ferry for any vehicles that have a fine outstanding against them.
When the fine is paid the vehicles is released and would then have to book another crossing. How many firms would allow their lorries to be impounded and refuse exit, not very many I wouldnt think. It wouldnt definitely make the driving better but could make the drivers think a little more and respect our laws and abide by them.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Hilarious - the irony of people complaining about traffic jams whilst causing them by sitting in their cars!! Why are we so obsessed with cars? I worked in Italy for a few years and there’s thousands of people using mopeds to get to work. & before you mention weather it was -6⁰C last time I was in Turin there were still 000’s of them. I think you are all becoming fat and lazy and that's why most of you are car crazy - no wonder UK plc is bankrupt...

So does riding a moped make you lose weight?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is this chat room sponsored by the Daily Mail?

Try this one - no 'foreign cars or lorries would both coming here if they were fined or taxed. Then we'd have to be self-sufficient in food for instance. That'll teach you fatties, when you're eating boiled potatoes all day every day, boiled because most of the fat we eat gets shipped to Holland from Brazil and loaded on a lorry. Next time we try the little islander line try to remember it's a global economy now and we can't live without foreigners bring our food...
#

Does that mean they can totally ignore our laws and give them carte a blanche to do as they please. All I am saying is that if they were compelled to abide by our laws or pay the consequences as they would in their own country our roads may be a little safer.

Do we not have to abide by their laws when we drive in their country whether it be France Holland Germany or Spain

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here