Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ore

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
surely thats the same as London Road though?

Very weird kind of station, architecturally looks far more like some kind of French provincial station than anything the old British Railways Board would ever have come up with, given a blank sheet of paper. Must be a story in there shirley.

Extremely useful station tho, has to be said, for inhabitants of Preston Park and surrounding area wishing to travel to Lewes, Eastbourne or - YES!!!! - Falmer.

Extremely useful station tho, has to be said, for inhabitants of Preston Park and surrounding area wishing to travel to Lewes, Eastbourne or - YES!!!! - Falmer.
... which raises the old question:-

Why, if you want to go to Preston Park, do you travel to London Road? And, if you want to go to London Road, why do you travel to Preston Park?

A little quiz ...

Anyone ever been here?

1800142145_27368d4af0.jpg

And does anyone know where it is?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Ore is not a good part of a town that is not a good part of Sussex. That said it's functional and I'd walk around alone at night without worrying.

It's basically the East of Hastings with St. Leonards (Warrior Square is the centre of St.L) being the West. Hastings itself is where most of the larger services are but both smaller centres have their own high streets and everything you'd need day to day plus own secondary schools and doctors etc. Bit more hood though. Have to hum 'in the ghetto' as walk past all the 12 year old chavs hanging out on the railings.

May 17, 2011
1066 country
Good if you live in Ore. Thats if you can get passed all the rubbish,used needles & actually get on the train without being mugged to go & watch the albion.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm sure I've been told that Ore station isn't in Ore anyway.

What are the two closest stations in the country? Blackfriars and City Thameslink?

I should think Newhaven and Newhaven Harbour get this honour in Sussex.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
And whilst we're on the subject what is the point of Newhaven Harbour station? Given that you access the harbour from Newhaven Town station I can't see any need for Newhaven Harbour. What purpose does it serve? Who uses it?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I always like the sound of St Leonards Warrior Square. Never been there, but conjures up visions of a mighty army, possibly Roman or Viking, taking rest in the town square. Swords and shields EVERYWHERE!

think a run down version of regency square and there you have it.

May 17, 2011
1066 country
Correct. It's nowhere near Ore. It should be called East Hastings really. Why is everyone hating on Hastings? Like anywhere it has it good and bad parts.

I thought everyone were slaging off Ore station.(which is a shithole in east Hastings not Ore)& St Leonards Warrior sq,(which also is a shithole where the people the government want to forget about are dumped i.e junkys,alcoholics & asylum seakers.) not Hastings which is lovely,especialy the old town.

Jul 24, 2010
Brighton
I thought everyone were slaging off Ore station.(which is a shithole in east Hastings not Ore)& St Leonards Warrior sq,(which also is a shithole where the people the government want to forget about are dumped i.e junkys,alcoholics & asylum seakers.) not Hastings which is lovely,especialy the old town.

I stand corrected. Only one person was hating when they called it a toilet. I grew up in Hastings and get quite defensive when it gets slated as a dump. I agree re Warrior Square. That could be an amazing place if they sorted it out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here