8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I just found this photo:

hove-station-590x393.jpg

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
And whilst we're on the subject what is the point of Newhaven Harbour station? Given that you access the harbour from Newhaven Town station I can't see any need for Newhaven Harbour. What purpose does it serve? Who uses it?

I use it to go to meetings at the Port nown and again, the Port have plans to reinstate the Marine Station as well.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Bracknell, Hark et al please visIt this great place. The areas economy needs the investment. Muggers mugging muggers doesn't help the local drug dens. Oh and mind the needles. At least Ore is only ripe with Doleites, chavs and a few drunks. W Sq is where you'll find a number of habits which make Ore seem like Windsor!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd vote for Cooksbridge as Most Annoyingly Pointless Station. Or Balcombe.

Cooksbridge doesn't even have platforms long enough for some of the trains that stop there. It exists solely to hold me up at the level crossing while taking the back road to Lewes.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Used to always be an anxious moment approaching Plumpton station on race days. A significant number of train drivers would just forget to stop and sail straight through.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have always liked Hastings a lot, good day out and quite a bit to do.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Listening to station announcements got me wondering .. what is Ore? Where even is Ore? Doesn't it sound stupid to say "calling at Eastbourne and Ore?" Is it the most embarrassing and pointless terminus ever? Does anyone even live there? It it worth visiting?

Can anyone enlighten me about Ore?

Ore is worse than visiting Croydon.... and they don't play football either! Maybe you need to get out more?

Deffo nothing to see here. or there.

Bracknell, Hark et al please visIt this great place. The areas economy needs the investment. Muggers mugging muggers doesn't help the local drug dens. Oh and mind the needles. At least Ore is only ripe with Doleites, chavs and a few drunks. W Sq is where you'll find a number of habits which make Ore seem like Windsor!
I was there only last week and spending money.

I suppose the question to ask a local is whether the redevelopment of the cricket ground has made the town a better place. Recent building on the seafront hasn't done Hastings any favours, imo. But the tidying up of Robertson Street is an improvement.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I just found this photo:

hove-station-590x393.jpg

Where did you find it Mr ace? A line of Brighton built loco's in the mid ground and almost brand new Goldstone Floodlights in the background.
Could be 1963 from the snow on the ground and the tank loco's waiting to go for scrap. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here