Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fawlty Towers by a LONG way.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Both v.good at their best, but whereas Fawlty Towers only did 12 shows and quit at the top, On Fools went on far, far too many years just milking it.

Fully agree with this. They should have stopped when Grandad died, it was never the same after that. In fact, much as I enjoy Only Fools, it does seem to have built up some momentum where it is the peoples de facto choice for favourite comedy.

Fawlty Towers was top drawer all the way through.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Flowery Twats.
Never really got into OFAH.

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
Only fools and horses by a wide margin, never really found fawlty towers particularly funny, to be honest i think its the "done thing" for a lot of people to say they like it.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
fools and horse easily the funnier , one or two of the christmas specials were a bit iffy, but john sullivan had the ability to make you laugh and cry at the same time , there were some genuinely sad , poignant moments across the the episodes.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
the clear winner is Only fools and Horses, the falling through the bar sketch and the chandelier falling from the ceiling is pure comedy gold

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Fawlty Towers went out at the top, so to speak, whereas Only Fools carried on past it's sell by date. In that last special they did Del looked older than Granddad.

Sweetie

Apr 1, 2004
Fawlty Towers all the way. Every episode was a classic whereas OFAH made some brilliant ones but also some pretty lame ones. As for all the specials.. .ZZZZZ

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Both superb, and show British Comedy at its best.

Some lines and scenes in both that are unforgettable, but as others have said OFAH went on too long IMO

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You cant really compare the two. For a start there was about five YEARS between the two series of Fawlty Towers. One is set in a hotel the other in a working class south london estate!

Thats like saying whats better Monty Pythons Flying Circus or The Goodies?

D

Deleted member 18477

for me, both as good as each other! completely different 'funny moments' in each sitcom so its hard to judge one better than the other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here