Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only a thousand ish tickets LEFT for our first fifth round FA Cup match in 25 years

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This game is potentially worth a lot of cash if we get another away tie in the next round, and it would also be nice for the Albion to get a bit more publicity to help sell plenty of Amex season tickets when they go on general sale.

We probably need another 30-32 points to get promoted, and 19 games to get them, we can afford to drop points against Plymouth so I hope Gus plays his 1st team.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Never in history has Albion been so far in a Cup competition with so little excitement. If we get in the Championship I will going to just ignore everything else incase it endangers us getting in the Premiership. Lets all go to Stoke and enjoy it, win or lose. As for Stoke its not the nicest place, but we're not going on a sightseeing tour for heavens sake..

You can go sightseeing, there is a pottery museum

Never in history has Albion been so far in a Cup competition with so little excitement. If we get in the Championship I will going to just ignore everything else incase it endangers us getting in the Premiership. Lets all go to Stoke and enjoy it, win or lose. As for Stoke its not the nicest place, but we're not going on a sightseeing tour for heavens sake..

fasinating insight, I apologise for firstly having a thing called work to go to and secondly, grown ups have a thing called money, so if I decide to pick, choose and proritise which matches I go to based on importance, in this case the league or indeed the enjoyment factor which may or may not include sight seeing then that is my right. May I take this opportunity to thank you and congratulate you for being such a loyal supporter of the club whilst so many are failing to make the grade.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Any news on how many tickets we've sold?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
This game is potentially worth a lot of cash if we get another away tie in the next round, and it would also be nice for the Albion to get a bit more publicity to help sell plenty of Amex season tickets when they go on general sale.

£76,500 - ESPN money
£18,000 - Round One Prize Money (Woking)
£27,000 - Round Two Prize Money (FCUM)
£67,500 - Round Three Prize Money (Pompey)
£90,000 - Round Four Prize Money (Golden Boys)

£279,000 - money so far, which doesn’t take into account our cut of the money from ticket sales for the 6 games so far...

also
£180,000 - Round Five Prize Money (Stoke)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
got nicked after about 5 minutes and frogmarched in front of the Stoke end (about '88, 2-2 draw)

nothing serious, just young, stupid and pissed, got a bit over excited celebrating an early goal

We also had lots of silly inflatables as well I seem to recall!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As for Stoke its not the nicest place, but we're not going on a sightseeing tour for heavens sake..

f*** it, I thought that was included in the price of the match day ticket. You'll be telling me they won't be giving out complimentary plates next.

Pricing is fair. 2 Adults + 2 kids will cost me £40

If you think that total is worth the price of a colour TV then you are either paid too much or you have a warped view of what is value-for-money. It is an outrageous sum to watch two depleted teams play in this once-glorious competition. I will not be going to Stoke despite my proximity to the Potteries; I refuse to contribute to the ridiculous salaries that players nowadays command.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Just ordered mine but not sure if I fancy going now. :shrug:

Dont get all down now you have bought them, i'll say hello as looking at the feeling on here, it'll just be us and some stewards. At least ITV will get a bumper viewing of the highlights show that night!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you think that total is worth the price of a colour TV then you are either paid too much or you have a warped view of what is value-for-money. It is an outrageous sum to watch two depleted teams play in this once-glorious competition. I will not be going to Stoke despite my proximity to the Potteries; I refuse to contribute to the ridiculous salaries that players nowadays command.

1. Where do they sell these £40 TVs?

2. If you honestly think that £15 for adults and £5 for kids is unfair, what pricing were you hoping for? Sixpence?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm rather looking forward to it now. All aboard Large Al's Sunshine Variety Bus :clap:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
1. Where do they sell these £40 TVs?

2. If you honestly think that £15 for adults and £5 for kids is unfair, what pricing were you hoping for? Sixpence?

I was just thinking the same! £40 TV:lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I refuse to contribute to the ridiculous salaries that players nowadays command.

Good shout, I reckon the loss of that £15 to Stoke will send out a ripple which will change the whole wage structure of the English game. :facepalm:

Where do they sell these £40 TVs?
OK maybe not now, but before retailers started forcing their flat-screen, inferior pictured sets onto us, you could pick up a 14" portable for £39.99 in large supermarkets or outlets such as Aldi or Lidl.

If you honestly think that £15 for adults and £5 for kids is unfair, what pricing were you hoping for? Sixpence?
Knowing that the price Stoke were charging adults was £20, I misread your post as '1 Adult + 2 kids will cost me £40'. It would appear that somebody is subsidising STHs, although I'm not saying you don't deserve it.

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
and to think I was concerned I would not getmy tickets when they go on release tomorrow morning.
Ticket prices look good value to me, and despite the temperature, I have always like the Britannia (oh yeah, and that we always lose there).
I'm certainly looking forward to it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here