Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only a thousand ish tickets LEFT for our first fifth round FA Cup match in 25 years

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I had an epiphany the other day that we will win 1-0 and i wanted to be a part of the celebrations and to say 'i was there'. Me and Mr Celebration the elder are taking our 7hour round trip and we are gonna have a great time. Beers on the 0821 from hove and the rest will be history. 5th round of the greatest cup? Its a no-brainer to me.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Nothing to do with Stoke itself but as i was walking to the ground i kept feeling my thigh was getting tighter and tighter and i was having to sit down after every 10 paces or so, it honestly felt like my thigh muscle was going to split. During the game i was shivering really badly and an old lady in front even offered me her blanket. The following day i went to the RSCH and was diagnosed with a DVT (blood clot) which had reached my groin, the doc reckoned another day and it could have been in my lungs or my heart.

:eek: That sounds very scary

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was at the time mate, not knowing what was wrong etc, but ive had three dvt's now and know what to look for, if you catch them early enough there is really not much to worry about as they can be treated with injections.

Don't you have to eat aspirins for breakfast now then?

On the subject of the game, bought my ticket + 1 this morning :clap2:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Don't you have to eat aspirins for breakfast now then?

No, but i do have to take Warfarin for the rest of my life, not complaining though it basically means i can live life normally but have to take sensible precautions such as giving up motorbikes, as warfarin thins the blood and any internal bleeding could obviously be a bugger to stop :nono:

Back to the Stoke game though, if you havent been before, wrap up warm and go, its a nice stadium and their rendition of Delilah is awesome.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Like most people on here, i will be getting my and a few other tickets early next week. We will still take 2,500+ in my opinion, which isn't bad for a game very few people care about

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
I genuinely do not understand how people can not be excited about this game. We are away to a good Premier League team and playing the best football I can remember. OK, we are in all probability going to lose, but I can't wait to see how we perform against top opposition.

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
If tickets are selling slow then thats good news for me and son Dom because we'll be sure to get a couple when they're on sale to white members.

All the reasons folks give for not going are fair enough. And all the reasons folks give for going are fair enough too.

As for me, I hate Stoke. Every time I've been to the Britannia stadium has been bad. I expect it will be bad again this time because thats what Stoke is. But if we beat them I want to be there because more than any other team I want us to get one over on them.

People DO care, but what else is going on?

1)Top of the league, best football played in a generation (?)

2)Season tickets being sold at an affordable price for what will be the most modern stadium in the league.

3)Away cup match against a mediocre premier league team that come from a dull town

Lets be honest,in the past, option 3 would have been the highlight of the season, but now? c'mon, who's not thinking of 1 and/or 2 at the moment?

PS not to mention, for the first time in my working life (25 years) I'm skint, anyone else?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Has anyone actually had a good experience going to Stoke? This thread has been one bad memory after another. Maybe this trip will put that right.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Have to say ... no ... never but only been twice! Still got a ticket for this one though ... third time lucky?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Has anyone actually had a good experience going to Stoke? This thread has been one bad memory after another. Maybe this trip will put that right.

Thats why Brett has done Hartlepool 6 times. He keeps hoping.

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Have to say ... no ... never but only been twice! Still got a ticket for this one though ... third time lucky?

In all honestly my one trip to the Brittania in Stoke was bloody awful. Felt ill throughout the first half, had the shits at half time, and we lost 3-0 I think. And as others have said it was bloody freezing.

Suspect it's cold in that ground in the midst of a heatwave!! That said I'm going and looking forward to it.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill

My favourite Stoke memory is my mate boing the half time dancers for being so rubbish at Stoke only for us to inform him they were a disabled dance troop.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
People DO care, but what else is going on?

1)Top of the league, best football played in a generation (?)

2)Season tickets being sold at an affordable price for what will be the most modern stadium in the league.

3)Away cup match against a mediocre premier league team that come from a dull town

Lets be honest,in the past, option 3 would have been the highlight of the season, but now? c'mon, who's not thinking of 1 and/or 2 at the moment?

PS not to mention, for the first time in my working life (25 years) I'm skint, anyone else?

Can't disagree with any of that!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Never in history has Albion been so far in a Cup competition with so little excitement. If we get in the Championship I will going to just ignore everything else incase it endangers us getting in the Premiership. Lets all go to Stoke and enjoy it, win or lose. As for Stoke its not the nicest place, but we're not going on a sightseeing tour for heavens sake..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here