Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Online petition

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Titanic said:
5471. Richard No. Save the Downs! There must be a site around Shoreham somewhere.

:tosser:

lol thing is he's signed a petition FOR the stadium....CLASS A TWAT!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
5485. Ben Jardine I hate Brighton but where would all the gay boys go ??

Another :tosser:

Does the owner of the Petition have the ability to remove this sort of comment, preferably while leaving the twats name on the list of people supporting the petition?

Last edited:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Is this the Norman Cook?

5277. Norman Cook We need this new stadium

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Looks like we have got a lot of spanish signing now. Lets hope Michael Robinson may be spreading the word.:angel: :falmerspi

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Ok, just so you know the latest with the petition, this is the highlights of an e-mail sent to me by Paul Samrah. I will be following his advice and sending the petition to Prescotts office as detailed below.

The bit you can help with comes in the last paragraph, please contact anyone you can to spread the word, could we really make 100,000? Lets give it a bloody good try!

------------------------------------------------
Pete

Thank you for your email that has been passed onto me by Martin.

Brilliant work on the petition - keep it going please!

Can I suggest that you keep the on-line petition running, spread the word far and wide as well - and run off a weekly print if that is possible.

I definitely agree with you about making the most of it - we think it would be best to send in a weekly print to the ODPM's
office. Perhaps the envelope should show the number of signatures to date printed in large numbers on the reverse. The enevelope may/may not get opened, but at least it is giving his office a weekly update. Security will see it anyway.

So for example, on Friday - run off the entire petition. Send it with a suitable covering letter and say we will send weekly updates. Then on Friday 20/2, send off the entire petition to date - envelope suitably marked and so on.

Keep me posted please - but certainly really push the on-line petition numbers up. If we start hitting 20,000 + in short time, then I think the media will take more of an interest. Why not set a target of 100,000 by end of February? ie in 3 weeks??

Thanks

We will win

Paul

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
100,000? not unless it get MAJOR TV/Newspaper National coverage then now way will it get near it IMO. Unless the Prem sites start putting it on their pages and in programmes then maybe.

As for everyweek, well it seemed the decision would come this week, SCR say Autumn.....whent the bloody hell will it be :angry:

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
bha.fatboy said:
Looks like we have got a lot of spanish signing now. Lets hope Michael Robinson may be spreading the word.:angel: :falmerspi

I have been trying to contact Michael Robinson through Cadiz football club - anyone know a better contact?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Just noticed Ashley Cole....but that could be anyone as its a common name!

Couple of Liverpool fans after the Liverpool Echo/Local papers briiliant page, plus some new AFC Wimbledon.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
nearly 6,000

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm, David Brent?? #6009

Colin Powell suggesting he'll see Prescott in the Pentagon if he says no....(#6010)?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
edna krabappel said:
Hmmm, David Brent?? #6009

Colin Powell suggesting he'll see Prescott in the Pentagon if he says no....(#6010)?

see my earleir post about false names and how much of a percentage is taken off regarding this and other issues.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
balloonboy said:
Progress seems to be slower today.....how do we spread the word even wider??
well its in that leverpool echo, most people if they are gonna sign it probably dont have net access until they get home from work, best way we can hope is in matchday programmes this weekend ala Charlton last night.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
If you put up an online petition you are bound to get a few retards writing crap and there's not much you can do about it.

Two points though.

1. Somehow I don't think anyone is going to go through it with a fine tooth comb looking for false names and silly messages.

2. The vast amount of goodwill and support for the stadium from thousands of genuine supporters greatly outweighs the few silly buggers. The few silly comments do keep it real though.

One thing is certain, WE WILL GET FALMER

(God I'm starting to sound like Simon!)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
a few Cardiff fans have signed, must've hit the press in the area

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Does all this goodwill mean we have to start liking previously unpleasant clubs like Cardiff and Reading?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here