Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One thing I don't understand about the middle east

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Serious question.

If Iran were ever to become a nuclear power, and decided to, as some fear they will, attempt to wipe out Israel with the bomb, then wouldn't it devastate the whole surrounding area, including their own country? Or if not that far then at least Syria, Lebanon, Egypt and Jordan? Surely they would be none too happy about this?

Or could they do it without affecting anyone else or themselves?

???

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Don't you watch 24, you can detonate a nucleoid bomb and only destroy a few mile radius, then you can all go out and look at the mushroom cloud from the next town.

Remember, those american really know about nucleoid bombs.:dunce::p

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Commander said:
Serious question.

If Iran were ever to become a nuclear power, and decided to, as some fear they will, attempt to wipe out Israel with the bomb, then wouldn't it devastate the whole surrounding area, including their own country? Or if not that far then at least Syria, Lebanon, Egypt and Jordan? Surely they would be none too happy about this?

Or could they do it without affecting anyone else or themselves?

???

I am not sure there is a nuclear bomb that could destroy God knows how many millions of square miles......having said all that, The Isreali's have history of bombing nuclear plants they think may be a threat...I think once this plant is up and running the Isreali's will bomb it to hell anyway. After all they have nothing to lose and it would be doing the us and the eu a favour

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
The nuclear bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki didn't destroy the whole of Japan, did they?

No, but that was 60 years or so ago, I would imagine technology has come on a bit since then.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What I don't get is that they never seem to have hosepipe bans and it's hot all the time yet we have warm weather for a month and the whole country goes on standpipe alert.

And of course in the Middle East you can go into a kebab shop when slaughtered on a friday night and ask for a chicken kebab with hummus on it. Do that in Tun Wells and they look at you like you are some sort of freak.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Buzzer said:
What I don't get is that they never seem to have hosepipe bans and it's hot all the time yet we have warm weather for a month and the whole country goes on standpipe alert.

Another good point. And I bet their roads dont melt when it goes above 25 C.

I wonder what the penalty would be for breaking a hosepipe ban in Iran? Hand chopped off?

The nuclear bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki didn't destroy the whole of Japan, did they?

Israel is quite a big place.

Manage to induce death and cancer for many generations afterwards across a large part of Japan.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Tommy Cook reporting said:
And of course in the Middle East you can go into a kebab shop when slaughtered on a friday night and ask for a chicken kebab with hummus on it. Do that in Tun Wells and they look at you like you are some sort of freak.

The only problem is that it's rather more difficult to get slaughtered on a Friday night.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The only problem is that it's rather more difficult to get slaughtered on a Friday night.

good point...well made

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Depends what you mean by 'slaughtered'.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Commander..... highly unlikely any nuclear bomb would ever be dropped in Ýsrael by Muslims because it would affect the Dome of the Rock which is the second most important shrine in Ýslam. Even if the bomb didn't destroy the Dome no one would be praying there for many many years.

It's all part of the Middle Eastern way of upping the ante to save face. The Muslims do it the Zionists do it and the American fiddle and fuddle without really understanding the whole 'face' issue. It's the basic misunderstanding of the sitaution that got the US embroiled in Iraq in the first place. Saddam made triumphant face saving pronouncements that everyone in the Middle East ignored because they knew it was hot air. The Americans belived all of it.

EXAMPLE - In the first Gulf War Turkey was racked with panic because the Americans informed the Turkish government that all Saddam's bluster was actually true about having a big gun that could hit Ankara and would thus be able to send over Chemical Weapons...... I spent a week with packed bags in case I had to be driven to the airpoort by the British Embassy and all ground floors had sheeting on the windows.... and all it was was Saddam bluster!!!

The Americans never learn..... and Israel is happy to keep them in the dark.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta

Israel is quite a big place.

Not really. Israel is pretty small. The population is only 7.1m. 3m of them live in Tel aviv. 1m live in Haifa.

Therefore two well placed Nukes would wipe out over half their population without having to touch Palastine or Jerusalem.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Biscuit said:
Why they keep blowing each other up..

If you read the Bible:

The story begins with Abraham (the Bible refers to him as Abram and later Abraham, Koran refers to him as Ibrahim). Abraham was supposedly chosen by God to spread his word and rule a great nation. Abraham was married to Sarai (or Sarah). However, Sarah was barren and unable to have a child to lead the great nation. So, she told Abraham to have sex with their Egyptian servant Hagar in an attempt to have a child. Hagar conceived and Ishmael was born. However, later Sarah did ended up having a son with her husband Abraham. This son of the marriage was Isaac.

Isaac went the way of the Jews and Ishmael went the way of Islam.

That is why it all started. Its all a womans fault you see.

:lolol: :lolol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Re: Re: One thing I don't understand about the middle east

Dave the Gaffer said:
If you read the Bible:

The story begins with Abraham (the Bible refers to him as Abram and later Abraham, Koran refers to him as Ibrahim). Abraham was supposedly chosen by God to spread his word and rule a great nation. Abraham was married to Sarai (or Sarah). However, Sarah was barren and unable to have a child to lead the great nation. So, she told Abraham to have sex with their Egyptian servant Hagar in an attempt to have a child. Hagar conceived and Ishmael was born. However, later Sarah did ended up having a son with her husband Abraham. This son of the marriage was Isaac.

Isaac went the way of the Jews and Ishmael went the way of Islam.

That is why it all started. Its all a womans fault you see.

:lolol: :lolol:

But Islam was invented in around 700 AD by Mohammed wasn't it? About 4700 years after Abraham was around.

And Hagar was a viking.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Lammy said:
Not really. Israel is pretty small. The population is only 7.1m. 3m of them live in Tel aviv. 1m live in Haifa.

Therefore two well placed Nukes would wipe out over half their population without having to touch Palastine or Jerusalem.

Lammy how many live in Jerusalem? Jerusalem is the key here... nukes on Tel Aviv would eman nothing and Haifa is a big no no for the Muslims who live there.

No nuke on Jersualem = counter-productive
Nuke Jerusalem = Major major major sin!!!!!

The Ýsraelis have got the Iranians over a barrel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here