Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
Lammy how many live in Jerusalem? Jerusalem is the key here... nukes on Tel Aviv would eman nothing and Haifa is a big no no for the Muslims who live there.

No nuke on Jersualem = counter-productive
Nuke Jerusalem = Major major major sin!!!!!

The Ýsraelis have got the Iranians over a barrel.

Well that's true if you consider wiping out half their population with one bomb as "meaning nothing".

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Re: Re: One thing I don't understand about the middle east

Dave the Gaffer said:
If you read the Bible:

The story begins with Abraham (the Bible refers to him as Abram and later Abraham, Koran refers to him as Ibrahim). Abraham was supposedly chosen by God to spread his word and rule a great nation. Abraham was married to Sarai (or Sarah). However, Sarah was barren and unable to have a child to lead the great nation. So, she told Abraham to have sex with their Egyptian servant Hagar in an attempt to have a child. Hagar conceived and Ishmael was born. However, later Sarah did ended up having a son with her husband Abraham. This son of the marriage was Isaac.

Isaac went the way of the Jews and Ishmael went the way of Islam.

That is why it all started. Its all a womans fault you see.

:lolol: :lolol:

So in some storybook written ages ago, some fella - whos name they cant get right stood up and said 'Oh by the way God said I have to be a ruler of a great nation' so everyone just believed him, he got himself a nice little bird - Sarah - then shagged the servant girl..

I could get into the Bible...

I wonder what would happen if someone said that nowadays? "Step aside Tony, God came to me and said I should rule a Great nation.. I've gone for Great Britain.." they'd be locked up.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Buzzer said:
another thing that puzzles me....what is it with all the moustaches?

Good point. I've noticed alot of the blokes have them too.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Re: Re: Re: One thing I don't understand about the middle east

Biscuit said:
I wonder what would happen if someone said that nowadays? "Step aside Tony, God came to me and said I should rule a Great nation.. I've gone for Great Britain.." they'd be locked up.

No they wouldn't; they'd be made Chancellor of the Exchequor

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SULLY COULDNT SHOOT
Lammy how many live in Jerusalem? Jerusalem is the key here... nukes on Tel Aviv would eman nothing and Haifa is a big no no for the Muslims who live there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that's true if you consider wiping out half their population with one bomb as "meaning nothing".

One other issue worth remembering is that in Iraq, the Golden Dome was destroyed by Sunni Muslims which is the most Holy site for Shiite muslims in Iraq. The london tube/bus bombs killed many Muslims as well as non.....muslims hell bent on killing do not tailor their actions to save fellow muslim life.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Re: One thing I don't understand about the middle east

Biscuit said:
So in some storybook written ages ago, some fella - whos name they cant get right stood up and said 'Oh by the way God said I have to be a ruler of a great nation' so everyone just believed him, he got himself a nice little bird - Sarah - then shagged the servant girl..

I could get into the Bible...

If you mean by storybook, a selection of sacred writings by Jewish scholars and priests over the last 5000 years, then yes.

I think you take a very simplistic view of how people have lived their lives for the last thousands of years...its only the last 100 years odd that people have challenged the Bible and other religious teachings, because we are far too clever for all of that nonsence aren't we?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Re: Re: Re: Re: One thing I don't understand about the middle east

Dave the Gaffer said:
its only the last 100 years odd that people have challenged the Bible and other religious teachings,

*cough* council of Nicea, hugenots, cathars, martin luther.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: One thing I don't understand about the middle east

Buzzer said:
*cough* council of Nicea, hugenots, cathars, martin luther.

Yes but they were more challenging the role of the Roman Catholic Church, whereas now its the mere trashing of beliefs per se.

although I do take your point

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Did no-one hear the news at the weekend? the US are quietly assembling a massive assault force in Iraq (under the guise of restoring order there) which analysts suggest points towards an imminent attack on Iran, no-one can really believe that the US and thir buddies in Jerusalem are going to allow a hard line Muslim state to have a Nuke...no way, no never, no how.

Welcome to WW111, and here's is your host, Uncle Sam

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Dave the Gaffer said:
quote:
Originally posted by SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

One other issue worth remembering is that in Iraq, the Golden Dome was destroyed by Sunni Muslims which is the most Holy site for Shiite muslims in Iraq. The london tube/bus bombs killed many Muslims as well as non.....muslims hell bent on killing do not tailor their actions to save fellow muslim life.

Sorry, Dave.. good point.. what I meant was it would be ineffective to get what Iran wants... the destruction of Israel.

As for Iraq... doesn't count because Sunnis did it to Shia. Jerusalem is second most important for both Sunni and Shia so out of bounds for both of them.

As for Bombings in London, don't confuse State-run terrorism with Jihadi terrorism... not the same thing.... Jihadi terrorism is deniable... State-run terrorosim is not and NO STATE would ever condone killing large numbers of MUslims as collataral... and certainly not Palestinaians.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Re: Re: Re: Re: One thing I don't understand about the middle east

Dave the Gaffer said:
If you mean by storybook, a selection of sacred writings by Jewish scholars and priests over the last 5000 years, then yes.

I think you take a very simplistic view of how people have lived their lives for the last thousands of years...its only the last 100 years odd that people have challenged the Bible and other religious teachings, because we are far too clever for all of that nonsence aren't we?

SSSHHH, Juan Albion might hear you, and then there will be tears before bedtime!

:ohmy:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Wouldn't the Great Jehovah smite the Iranians even as the Ayatollahs' collective fingers reached for the button?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Like most things in the Middle East there is no straight answer.
The area of devastation would also depend on the type of delivery used - subterranean, surface or air burst this makes a difference to the size of the area affected. Then there's the weather systems which way will the cloud travel?
I personally don't think the Iranians will ever have the chance to try, Israel with have masses of intelligence on Iran and if the risk of attack gets to high they will be the ones launching a nucleur strike. This is something they have already suggested, and they are far more capable of carrying it out than Iran.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here