Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One for the oldens,which of these did you own as a child?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This thing has been on sale since 1961: :ohmy:
chatter.jpg

My 15 month old son has one (albeit inherited from his older siblings) although thwey have been modified slightly:
10-1599-01.jpg

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
you guys had sad childhoods - the real nuts was in these four.......

Grandstand-FirefoxF7.jpg

grandstand-astrowarsdg.jpg

903_824_1244220942111_Grandstand_BMX_Flyer.jpg

soccer.jpg

thread closed.

Last edited:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
The same seller is selling a DVD with scans of 7 different catalogues ranging form 1976 to 1990. I have ordered,give me hours of entertainment. When they come I'll try and stick some pages up on here.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
We used to have a couple of these bad boys

parachutejg3.png

I think my Uncle brought them over when he flew back from Australia one Christmas (I was far too young to remember). I spent many hours playing this parachute game and it was bloody hard!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What about this?
But I wanted the Super Flight Deck where you could take off as well.

fdeck.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
battered old Dinky fire engine
will that do

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I had (and have still got in the loft) a Spectrum 128k with the built in tape drive. Also still got my old Amiga A600+ too.

I wanted a board game called Battle of Britain but no matter how many hints I dropped, Santa refused to bring it. Played Risk many a time and also had an old Totopoly game which was basically horse racing. Still have Risk and also still got Space Crusade and a Warcraft type similar board game, but I can't think what that ones called.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
We used to have a couple of these bad boys

parachutejg3.png

I think my Uncle brought them over when he flew back from Australia one Christmas (I was far too young to remember). I spent many hours playing this parachute game and it was bloody hard!

i had one of these.......sometimes you would fluke about 12 fallers really quicker - fingers moving faster than light......incredible....lol

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I had (and have still got in the loft) a Spectrum 128k with the built in tape drive. Also still got my old Amiga A600+ too.

I wanted a board game called Battle of Britain but no matter how many hints I dropped, Santa refused to bring it. Played Risk many a time and also had an old Totopoly game which was basically horse racing. Still have Risk and also still got Space Crusade and a Warcraft type similar board game, but I can't think what that ones called.

I still have Risk, Totopoly, Campaign and Escape from Colditz in the cupboard! Even bought them with me when I emigrated - how sad is that!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
070107_computerbattleship.jpg

Quite advanced for the time

I always put that on my birthday and Christmas list and NEVER got it !

This was one of my favourite games. Galaxy Invader 1000

A76CH9.jpg

OMG - I'd completely forgotten about this - many hours of enjoyment.

I had one of these babies - could get quite violent !

crossfire2.jpg

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Action Man/Men, probably from the late 60s - very early 70s

One of them spoke, and another had 'realistic' hair.

They are still in my loft!

Trolly Dolly

Aug 22, 2011
Our families original subutteo had carboard players pre-war probably, then my dad bought a pitch, goal posts and plastic players..loved it...I also had space hopper and cindy doll, but wanted a horse for cindy...

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Spirograph, you mean my parents spent £4.59 on me at Christmas, right I am off to my Mums after work for a word about this!!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Risk is excellent - we used to play that loads with our mates! we'd have Risk evenings and conquer the world!!!

Simon the computer game - I have an app on the iPad of that game which is brill x

yep used to play that risk at my youth club along with table top astroids,oh happy days eh lady gull:bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here