Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One for the oldens,which of these did you own as a child?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
070107_computerbattleship.jpg

Quite advanced for the time

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Don't know what you mean by old. I had Scalextric in the 1960's - best thing ever. Most of the others might have been around for my children.

Still popular - bought my nephew a Scalextric set for Xmas, and some F1 cars for his birthday. Was the first thing he played with each time.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
This seemed great but was shit.

chutesa.jpg

As was this...

TankCommandBox.jpg

airman

Patriae Fidus
Jan 25, 2012
Salisbury Plain
Don't know what you mean by old. I had Scalextric in the 1960's - best thing ever. Most of the others might have been around for my children.

A decade later, in the seventies I had TCR - Total Control Racing, like Scalextric but you could SWITCH LANES!! I thought I was the dog's doodaa with that!

Another favourite was my Evel Kneivel stunt bike (wound him up and let him go!), not to mention my Raleigh Chopper and Six Million Dollar Man suit!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
070107_computerbattleship.jpg

Quite advanced for the time

Awesome, but took longer to set up and programme all the co-ordinates than it did to play the bloody game.

I and another NSCer spent a most enjoyable afternoon playing the original, non-computerised version in a pub before (or was it after??) a game recently. I kicked his ass, it should be said.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A richer than us boy called Colin a few doors down had Scalextric and also an Atari console with which i remember him trying to shove the joystick up the arse of one of my fellow neighbours, young Crosby, now a hairdresser, i hear. Colin was a quite large boy and you knew the possible funstick anal-rape cost of going there to play on his variety of games. At my house it was all Streak-a-track, the self-powered, povertous cousin of Scalextric. Elastic bands, three almost identical Datsuns and an imagination were the main ingredients of my youth - alongside a growing fear of Colin.

Yoda

English & European
I had one of those Atari 2600's (well, we had three consoles at one point).

Also had a set of that Total Control Racing, TCR.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I had the handheld soccer game...just loved that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here