Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One for the Lewes residents another 25k on the Inquiry

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
Have the Argus printed anything on this increase? They did feature the original story.

It's worth targeting the leadership of Lewes District Council

If you live in Lewes District, include your name and address in any e-mail.

These are the members of the District Council's Cabinet, that took the decision to commit the additional money (although bear in mind that some of them voted against it).

susan.bratchie@lewes.gov.uk
edward.collict@lewes.gov.uk
neil.commin@lewes.gov.uk
ann.devecchi@lewes.gov.uk
shirley.james@lewes.gov.uk
elizabeth.lee@lewes.gov.uk
marina.pepper@lewes.gov.uk
david.rogers@lewes.gov.uk
norman.turner@lewes.gov.uk

And if anyone wants the full list of Lewes District Councillors, here it is:-

'patricia.bennett@lewes.gov.uk'; 'john.best@lewes.gov.uk'; 'susan.bratchie@lewes.gov.uk'; 'robert.brown@lewes.gov.uk'; 'julie.carr@lewes.gov.uk'; 'cllr.michael.chartier@eastsussex.gov.uk'; 'kim.clark@lewes.gov.uk'; 'edward.collict@lewes.gov.uk'; 'neil.commin@lewes.gov.uk'; 'angela.craven@lewes.gov.uk'; 'rod.crocker@lewes.gov.uk'; 'james.daly@lewes.gov.uk'; 'kenneth.davies@lewes.gov.uk'; 'sharon.davy@lewes.gov.uk'; 'ann.devecchi@lewes.gov.uk'; 'david.fitton@lewes.gov.uk'; 'john.fletcher@lewes.gov.uk'; 'robin.fricker@lewes.gov.uk'; 'lynda.hallett@lewes.gov.uk'; 'peter.harper@lewes.gov.uk'; 'jacqueline.harrison-hicks@lewes.gov.uk'; 'shirley.james@lewes.gov.uk'; 'elizabeth.lee@lewes.gov.uk'; 'jo.lewry@lewes.gov.uk'; 'helen.livings@lewes.gov.uk'; 'kevin.mayers@lewes.gov.uk'; 'david.mitchell@lewes.gov.uk'; 'gerald.munro@lewes.gov.uk'; 'david.neighbour@lewes.gov.uk'; 'ruth.okeeffe@lewes.gov.uk'; 'sarah.osborne@lewes.gov.uk'; 'judith.ost@lewes.gov.uk'; 'marina.pepper@lewes.gov.uk'; 'david.rogers@lewes.gov.uk'; 'ralph.taylor@lewes.gov.uk'; 'norman.turner@lewes.gov.uk'; 'john.webber@lewes.gov.uk'; 'tracy.willis@lewes.gov.uk'; 'ianwilson@dorian.freeserve.co.uk'

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I grew up in Lewes (Landport Est) & don't know anyone who is against Falmer. I don't think a lot of Lewes residents realise how much of their money is being wasted on something that is on the outskirts of Brighton.

Knowing Lewes as I do, I'd be willing to bet that these councillers don't even come from the town originally. The town is full of people who have moved there & want to live in a quaint old market town & have dinner parties. The problem is they are either on the council or are chums with the wankers.
How the f*** will Falmer affect these chattering tossers?

:angry: :angry: :angry:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not working and if some kind printer was to donate a leaflet for doorstep distribution I would be prepared to go around and deliver some to peoples houses. I am sure that others would follow suit.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I get the impression that the extra money is going on paying some guy to coem up with crap, that LDC will want to submit as part of the new inquiry. I just hope the inspector is wise to their tacticts and does not allow them to just spend time sprouting irrelvant information.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I'd willingly post fliers on my estate in Lewes (Landport).

This extra money has been found at a time when the town council are considdering selling Lewes town hall to reduce costs and council tax bills.

Don't they just blow your bloody mind :shootself

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
This is all down to a handful of Little Englanders who obviously have some influence over LDC-it's about time their waste of money was made clear to a lot of residents who are blissfully unaware of what these twats are doing with council tax payers' money. And the benefits they'll lose out on if the stadium doesn't get approved

I live in Guildford but would happily join in with a leaflet campaign-either handing them out or home delivery. It probably wouldn't cost much to do an A5 flyer printed on one side-I'll contribute to a printing fund! This also needs to be done very quickly.

We also need Albion fans who are Lewes residents to swamp the ArseGas with letters of protest.

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
The laugh with all of this is that Lewes' preferred site is Sheepcote which is opposed by Falmer. So who are Lewes representing in this?

It is likely that the extra money is going to pay some very expensive transport consultant to try and prove that Sheepcote will work in traffic terms despite having no station and all traffic having to go through the town centre or past Falmer! It is also likely they are putting forward a second site such as Toads Hole Valley.

I think the officers and the cabinet at Lewes DC have completely lost sight of what they are doing and are now in a spiral of win at all costs. Completely undemocratic.

Also don't forget this is not just Lewes town but places like Newhaven, Peacehaven, Ditchling and Seaford. Why on earth they should be spending money opposing a stadium at Falmer is beyond me.

My dad who lives in Lewes will be writing.

PS: There is a by-election in Peacehaven on 13th January. May be interesting for any locals to get the views of the candidates and their party leaders before deciding how to vote.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I have just emailed the lot of them venting my anger and disgust at the town council and Mr Baker.

I will let you know when (if) i get any replies.

Get mailing everyone.

LEWES CLIFF

Mar 7, 2004
I will post in my area of Lewes and seeing as 8 of the Lewes behind the goal boys are Lewes posties im sure we could cover quite a distance.We need to stand outside Safeways etc and really inform the people what these twats are doing.Steve Watts who is the prespective Labour party candidate for Lewes(and on our supporters club commitee,doesnt miss a game and a bloody pisshead!!:eek: ) wrote to the express this week and i am trying to convince him to call himself Labour for Falmer as hes not going to win the seat but could really destroy Norman Baker if we all campaigned for him,got in the papers,made a fuss etc,Normans vote will get mullered i can assure you as last election many voted for him but would rather suck fromage frais from Anne Widdecombes nipples than vote for him again.We can prevail!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I don't live in Lewes but would be quite happy to help out with delivering leaflets or the like, as long as I can do it before the 9th of Jan as that's when I head off back to Exeter.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
The Large One said:
I will happily design the leaflets for people download on a PDF (ike the Tom Hark leaflets). All I need is for someone to come up with the correct wording.

How about

"Lewes town council and the mp for Lewes, Normski Baker are a bunch of ****s who want to rip off their voters and tax payers in order to fund an extortionate bid to stop the stadium being built at Falmer for the Seagulls. If you come across any of these vermin, please shaft them up the gazza with an ungreased marrow then slit their throats"

Will that wording do the trick ???:drink:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
jevs said:
How about

"Lewes town council and the mp for Lewes, Normski Baker are a bunch of ****s who want to rip off their voters and tax payers in order to fund an extortionate bid to stop the stadium being built at Falmer for the Seagulls. If you come across any of these vermin, please shaft them up the gazza with an ungreased marrow then slit their throats"

Will that wording do the trick ???:drink:

No, better not.

It's Lewes DISTRICT Council, and 'MP' should be capped up. Oh, and 'taxpayers' is one word. Other than that, seems reasonable to me...

:p

BensGrandad said:
Lord B:

A number of offers any suggestions concerning leaflets?
I'll bash some words together and run them past the Falmer For All team. We also need to get the message into the media - letters to the Argus, Sussex Express and so on.

I believe the Argus might be running a story tomorrow.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lord Bracknell said:
I'll bash some words together and run them past the Falmer For All team. We also need to get the message into the media - letters to the Argus, Sussex Express and so on.

I believe the Argus might be running a story tomorrow.

:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here