Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One for the Lewes residents another 25k on the Inquiry

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I've had a reply to my email

There is little to add to my September message about this situation, except to say that the failure of Labour's Deputy Prime Minister, John Prescott, to make a decision after the initial Inquiry has led to additional costs for all concerned. This includes the club, with its well-known financial problems, and Brighton & Hove City Council - indeed all parties to the Inquiry. The figure of £35,000 was an initial estimate only, although others may have portrayed it as something else, and in fact further specific detail of the costs involved turned out to result in a higher figure. This decision was taken (in public) several weeks ago, so I should be interested to know who has initiated today's flurry of emails, and why he/she chose New Year's Eve???

Norman's other comments about timing remain valid, as do his hopes and mine for a speedy outcome this time from the ODPM, which will be in everyone's interests.

Happy New Year!

David Rogers.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Yorkie said:
I've had a reply to my email

There is little to add to my September message about this situation, except to say that the failure of Labour's Deputy Prime Minister, John Prescott, to make a decision after the initial Inquiry has led to additional costs for all concerned. This includes the club, with its well-known financial problems, and Brighton & Hove City Council - indeed all parties to the Inquiry. The figure of £35,000 was an initial estimate only, although others may have portrayed it as something else, and in fact further specific detail of the costs involved turned out to result in a higher figure. This decision was taken (in public) several weeks ago, so I should be interested to know who has initiated today's flurry of emails, and why he/she chose New Year's Eve???

Norman's other comments about timing remain valid, as do his hopes and mine for a speedy outcome this time from the ODPM, which will be in everyone's interests.

Happy New Year!

David Rogers.

Similar to mine, only he didn't wish me the last part.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
roz said:
Ah, but he knows where Yorkie lives, doug! ;)

Still not voting for him though!!:p

Is it me or does he sound rattled?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Excellent idea for the PDFs I will be more than happy to do some local flyering. Enough is enough with this council, no wonder council tax is over 30.00 a week and I will say again not once did this council ask for my opinion on Falmer. If this came down to a vote it is not in the public interest to oppose Falmer, so the council is wasting money when it could be beter spent on other things.

Get these PDFs done and lets get them printed and through people doors and then let them see what LDC are up to.

LEWES CLIFF

Mar 7, 2004
We MUST get a candidate to stand in the election!We at Lewes have a half page in the Express every week and i will make sure we take the upmost advantage of this in the next few weeks!
Spreading the word as we are people are surprised and shocked at LDC s actions and this is boiling up very nicely,i will see Steve Watts again today as he gets paper coverage and game is on!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Do we know who exactly on LDC is responsible for this nonsense? Whoever it is-they should all be named and shamed wherever and whenever possible. If I lived in Lewes and the council were activeley opposed to something that will benefit the town/district/county in the way the stadium will boost the local economies I'd want to know why.

We've tip-toed around these bastards long enough-it's time to start getting nasty.

sawardseagulls

May 23, 2004
Brighton BN1
May have already mentioned this - sorry if so - but the Freedom of Infomation Act became law today - maybe could ask Lewes for all relevant information to be made public.

:flameboun

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
sawardseagulls said:
May have already mentioned this - sorry if so - but the Freedom of Infomation Act became law today - maybe could ask Lewes for all relevant information to be made public.

:flameboun

I don't know what the law would allow us to see, but I'm sure it could be very interesting reading..

LEWES CLIFF

Mar 7, 2004
We have made plans today,some albion fans were down at the pan today,i can assure you we are going to kick arse around Lewes soon!!Falmer may affect our attendances but as footie fans we cannot see the biggest club in Sussex going to the dogs,we are genuine lets do this together!!:p

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Well said Cliff and congrats on the win today (at the risk of upsetting our Eastbourne fans)

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ORGANISE A VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE IN THE COUNCIL ON THE GROUNDS OF INCOMPETENCE ,THEYRE BOUND TO SHIT THEIRSELVES AT THE THOUGHT OF LOSING THIER DISPROPORTIONATELY LOUD VOICE.
AND NO MORE BEANOS !

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
STOP SHOUTING!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
LEWES CLIFF said:
We have made plans today,some albion fans were down at the pan today,i can assure you we are going to kick arse around Lewes soon!!Falmer may affect our attendances but as footie fans we cannot see the biggest club in Sussex going to the dogs,we are genuine lets do this together!!:p
CLIFF
Honestly I think that Falmer will be good news for Lewes FC and other local clubs. I stopped going to the occasional Lewes game last season because of Ann DeVecchi and her scumbag council. But I'll be back at the Dripping Pan soon. Good luck to the Rooks and all their supporters!
After all Harvey's is the drink of the gods.

Jameson

samparish said:
I don't know what the law would allow us to see, but I'm sure it could be very interesting reading..

This could be an interesting tactic, and might be useful to see who has said what internally.

Basically, individual members of the public have the right to request information on a given subject - this includes all e-mails too.

Given what's being posted on here it seems that Lewes people would have a very reasonable case to request all information relating to the financing of the anti-Falmer capaign - including all internal memorandum on the issue. Depending on what comes out there are follow up legal routes if they fail to fully comply.

PART I
ACCESS TO INFORMATION HELD BY PUBLIC AUTHORITIES

Right to information
General right of access to information held by public authorities. 1. - (1) Any person making a request for information to a public authority is entitled-

(a) to be informed in writing by the public authority whether it holds information of the description specified in the request, and
(b) if that is the case, to have that information communicated to him.

LEWES CLIFF

Mar 7, 2004
Dont understand a word of that but sounds good,when the people of Lewes find out the facts the Libs who were once lib/democrates(democratic???)there will be hell to pay.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Lord Bracknell said:
1. They are obviously trying to ensure that the re-opened Inquiry lasts longer than the time initially allocated - thereby guaranteeing that the Inspector's Report fails to get to Prescott in time for a decision to be announced before the General Election;

2. They are either planning to argue a case for other sites apart from their favoured site at Sheepcote Valley, or they are finding that their case for Sheepcote Valley is so unrobust that they are having to throw more money at strengthening it;

3. They are acting against the wishes of most of their Council Taxpayers, who plainly DON'T want the Council wasting money on this ill-conceived and obstructive manoeuvre;

4. They are demonstrating that they couldn't care less whether Sussex has a professional football club with the capability of progressing to the highest level.

I've actually got my own conspiracy theory on this, Lewes residents council et all want Lewes to be the number one proffesional club in Sussex so any way of nobbling the Albion and the Falmer weight has the full suport of the residents. When i lived there it was definitely being discussed in the local pubs.

LEWES CLIFF

Mar 7, 2004
Spoken like atrue Goring/Worthing fan!What a load of twaddle Lewes LDC are not football fans and they would not know where the pan is if thier lives depended on it,to suggest they are all conspiring to get rid of the albion and for us at lewes to take over the world is just rubbish.They are against Falmer for thier own private agendas not fot footie reasons Goring gull can i have half of what youve been on and prey tell me what Lewes pubs where these you heard this in,the Bull and Shit by any chance(great pub run by Lord Lucan and Elvis and regulars include JFK and Princess Di):eek: :lol: :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here