Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One and a half million Brits with nothing better to do with their time on Sunday evening .

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
... than vote for the BBC Sports Personality of the Year. Very sad.

Sad that they'd waste their time watching the programme, even sadder that they'd waste their time and money voting.

Who cares? What the hell difference does it make to anything important.

People, get up off your big fat bums and do something constructive with your time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A good evening's entertainment, remembering a great year in sport for this country, which is far better than X factor, Celebrity this & that imo.

Do you never watch tv?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Sad that they'd waste their time watching the programme, even sadder that they'd waste their time and money voting.

People, get up off your big fat bums and do something constructive with your time.

Well you obviously do, given that you've started a thread about it. Get off your arse and do something constructive with your Monday morning.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Not sure if serious.

Anyway, it used to be so much better back in the day, Sports Review of the Year, I enjoy re-living the the years sporting moments. Shame its all montages, interviews and awards nowadays.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Quite correct. The same can also be said for watching football. Utter waste of money, it doesn't make any difference to anything important and you can do something far more constructive rather than waste your time watching twenty two men trying to kick a ball into two string bags.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Some of Danny Bakers Tweets last night were good:

"All you Olympic-gobblers have been attending local events and meets since the summer, yes? Supporting the sports you love so much, yes?"

"I think people who "get" all sports don't get sport at all."

"Bit miffed at people using #SPOTY to bash football. Fact is, if there was big game on the other side, it would totally f*** their ratings."

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Maybe many of those who voted are active sportspeople and don't have big fat bums, but anyway care to explain why you werre sitting on your big fat bum posting on an internet forum.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
A good evening's entertainment, remembering a great year in sport for this country, which is far better than X factor, Celebrity this & that imo.

Do you never watch tv?

I watch very very little TV to be honest. Football when I have the opportunity, but it never dictates my life. Other than that, principally the news.

On the odd occasion I sit down in front of the TV and try to find something worth watching I am inevitably disappointed. 100+ channels of complete rubbish.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
... but anyway care to explain why you werre sitting on your big fat bum posting on an internet forum.

Taking a brief moment out of my busy working day to check my favourite footy message board ...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I watch very very little TV to be honest. Football when I have the opportunity, but it never dictates my life. Other than that, principally the news.

So you sit on your bum for 90 odd minutes watching football on tv, but one programme a year, celebrating success in sport, deserves criticism? Ok.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What Goldstone has not yet revealed is what constructive worthwhile thing or things he was doing on Sunday night whilst SPOTY was on?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What Goldstone has not yet revealed is what constructive worthwhile thing or things he was doing on Sunday night whilst SPOTY was on?

He must have been patrolling the streets of Brighton with warm clothing for the homeless and then doling out warm soup for them, or organising a charity dinner for cancer research, at the very minimum.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Without the vitriol of your post I agree 100%. TV in general is an absolute waste of people's lives and SPOTY is a supreme example. Switch off your television sets and go do something less boring instead.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I turned on just as Bradley Wiggins won ' Best dressed Mod of the evening' award.
Who won the 'Horniest bird' award.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Without the vitriol of your post I agree 100%. TV in general is an absolute waste of people's lives and SPOTY is a supreme example. Switch off your television sets and go do something less boring instead.

Could also apply to PCs, laptops, and phones.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Didn't watch it myself but what a great year for sport! And if you don't watch it, why come on here moaning about it? Is diagnosis murder not on gold? Relax, take a deep breathe and go play with traffic

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
So you sit on your bum for 90 odd minutes watching football on tv, but one programme a year, celebrating success in sport, deserves criticism? Ok.

Watching "the beautiful game" is (generally) an uplifting 90 odd minutes. Watching any awards show (sports, Oscars, etc.) is one of the most excruciating experiences you on TV.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here