Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On Tuesday I was told off for 'Over Celebrating'

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If you're not gonna support the club when we really needed you through the dark days and when we were loosing money rapidly due to our costly rent at the Withdean then you have to expect to be considered as a second rate supporter.

It's great to have a lot of new faces around the stadium but if one more person asks "who is that player" then I'll let them know how pathetic I think their glory hunting is. Also anyone who has bought a ticket just for the first season can do one. That seat could have gone to a potential long term fan who may now never bother due to your "jumping on the band wagon antics"

Rant over

pfft.....u will be having each supporter stamped according to how many games they've been to next. Personally i don't care how long a persons been going long as they support the club...i'm not into mines bigger than yours attitude...i'll go with that continually being asked what player that is remark though

Last edited:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
pfft.....u will be having each supporter stamped according to how many games they've been to next. Personally i don't care how long a persons been going long as they support the club...i'm not into mines bigger than yours attitude...i'll go with that continually being asked what player that is remark though

I'd rather we didn't have the JCL's but instead had those who have been supporting the club for years being able to get season tickets. If the supporters stick around and are still supporting the team in 5 years then I will be delighted but until then they can't complain about the stick they get for being glory hunters who have joined us in our hour of success and birth of our glorious stadium

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
Next time, tell him that since you are celebrating and he is not, he is not the Brighton fan as you are, and so he is in the wrong, not you.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'd rather we didn't have the JCL's but instead had those who have been supporting the club for years being able to get season tickets. If the supporters stick around and are still supporting the team in 5 years then I will be delighted but until then they can't complain about the stick they get for being glory hunters who have joined us in our hour of success and birth of our glorious stadium

I imagine those who have been supporting the club for years bought there season ticket when they had the chance..leaving the rest to exercise there right of choice...hey ho..i think you have a short sighted opinion as aren't we looking to grow the fan base not chastise new comers

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Those who have been supporting the club for years have been able to get season tickets. In fact, if they were season ticket holders the previous season, they had first dibs at the ones at the Amex. Even if they weren't there was plenty of time to purchase season tickets on general sale. What a strange resentment to harbour over the club's JCLs.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Just thought I needed to get a rant out of my system...
When CMS scored me and 4 friends (2 of which are 40+) in WSU Block F duly celebrated a goal V Palace like it should be. I bumped into the man in front of me (also I would say in his late 40’s) who with his wife throughout the goal just sat still.
He then proceeded to tell me that my over celebrating was dangerous as "I could easily fall on top of him, causing him to fall multiple rows forward"
I think my celebrations of jumping around for joy were acceptable; they clearly weren't to this JCL.

If you are reading this, then you know who you are…
Thoughts?
:bhasign:

At least it was another supporter. Last season at the Huddersfield game I was pulled to one side by a steward and warned about my "overuse" of my clapper and to refrain from using it in the second half! The club handed the things out in the first place, I assume, to celebrate us being champions, picking up the trophy and to commemorate our last game at the Withdean. I refused to use my flag at the Doncaster game just in case I had my season ticket withdrawn!!!!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Ah sorry....didnt realise there were posh boys on here....:p

I actually thought it was quite a posh phrase. The teachers at my boarding school in the eighties used it all the time. E.g. "I have no truck with these young whippersnappers who complaing about the teachers rogering them senseless. It's character building. It never did me any harm" said Mr Thomas, limping through the quadrangle.

Anyway to settle the discussion and to confirm what later posters said.

Have no truck with

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I imagine those who have been supporting the club for years bought there season ticket when they had the chance..leaving the rest to exercise there right of choice...hey ho..i think you have a short sighted opinion as aren't we looking to grow the fan base not chastise new comers

Quite, in my eyes a JCL will be a "fan" who doesn't re-new their season ticket next year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here