Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On Tuesday I was told off for 'Over Celebrating'

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just thought I needed to get a rant out of my system...
When CMS scored me and 4 friends (2 of which are 40+) in WSU Block F duly celebrated a goal V Palace like it should be. I bumped into the man in front of me (also I would say in his late 40’s) who with his wife throughout the goal just sat still.
He then proceeded to tell me that my over celebrating was dangerous as "I could easily fall on top of him, causing him to fall multiple rows forward"
I think my celebrations of jumping around for joy were acceptable; they clearly weren't to this JCL.

If you are reading this, then you know who you are…
Thoughts?
:bhasign:

This is why there is segregation in grounds.

Although most trouble is caused by twats not interested in football, I have seen just in two matches out of god knows how many hundreds where incidents led to fights and disputes which in today's climate could lead to fans being banned.

These were not irrational behaviour but emotions getting out of hand and cultural differences. Or mean bloody-mindedness in the case at Reading. When a third party tries to start a fight and the perpetrator gets off scot-free. (On the old stand up terracing, somebody at the back would push and all the supporters would go cascading down. Then somebody would turn around and accuse somebody and all hell would break loose! Notably at White Hart Lane.)

The first was at home to Villa in 1971 on the East Terrace after Willie Irvine scored and the second away on the steep terracing away at Elm Park, Reading, where it happened twice. We won 3-2.

There are lots of other incidents at grounds, notably at Selhurst Park (their lack of Police was admirable, no arrests), at Priestfield, Old Trafford and Brisbane Road, but these were not football related. The first one was herberts (pickpockets) and the last three were stewards being officious or looking for trouble (Old Trafford deliberately looking for trouble).

Last edited:

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Against Leeds some BIG, BALD, 40's / 50's bloke with SANDALS fell two rows forward, knocked in to me, and would have DESTROYED the young lad that sits next to me whom had thankfully gone for a mid-game piss. He was sprawled out on the floor covering two seats. It took BOTH arms to pick him back up again. This is a few rows from the back of WSU. I'd like to think he would have gone the whole HOG had we beat PALARSE.

:lolol:

seggers

Nov 10, 2009
Worthing
Haha to be fair this did happen against Leeds when we went 3-2 up some guy jumped up like everyone else but slipped and sent the women in front flying down to the next row.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
As I am quite a large lad and sit second row from the front in WSU, it is probably best I don't push the person in front of me!

Yoda

English & European
That's nothing, I ended up having to try and keep Chappers and his mates falling over on top of us using my forehead and one of their teeth. All part and parcel of the fun in celebrating a goal as far as I'm concerned.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Having said that though, I have wondered about how easily I could topple forward over the seats in front.

It's very easy. I managed it celebrating our third against Leeds. And momentarily trapped my left leg in between the two seats in front. Still got the bruise. :down:

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
i've no truck with yur celebrations....most of us were jumping around aftr that goal...but what if he was a ''jcl'' ....stadium wud b less than half full wudnt it....and whats its relevance..tell u what tell anyone who hasn't watched albion last year not to bother turning up...then u won't have a problem cos there will be loads of empty seats

rant over

Reading that hurt my brain. Either learn to use the English language correctly, or don't post at all. It's for the good of every poster on here.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I fell into the row in front of me whilst celebrating the 3rd goal against leeds. There is no such thing as over celebrating in my eyes :thumbsup:

Quagmire

Jul 29, 2011
Quaghog, Rhode Island
i've no truck with yur celebrations....most of us were jumping around aftr that goal...but what if he was a ''jcl'' ....stadium wud b less than half full wudnt it....and whats its relevance..tell u what tell anyone who hasn't watched albion last year not to bother turning up...then u won't have a problem cos there will be loads of empty seats

rant over

Translation into English:I have no problem with your celebrations, infact it would appear most of us were jumping around after the goal. So what if he is a 'JCL'. The stadium would indeed by empty if there were no new fans, would it not? I do not think that him being new has anything to do with this situation. A solution would be that the ground should ban new members then there would be no problem with celebrations due to the large number of unfilled seats.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
This is why there is segregation in grounds.

Although most trouble is caused by twats not interested in football, I have seen just in two matches out of god knows how many hundreds where incidents led to fights and disputes which in today's climate could lead to fans being banned.

These were not irrational behaviour but emotions getting out of hand and cultural differences. Or mean bloody-mindedness in the case at Reading. When a third party tries to start a fight and the perpetrator gets off scot-free. (On the old stand up terracing, somebody at the back would push and all the supporters would go cascading down. Then somebody would turn around and accuse somebody and all hell would break loose! Notably at White Hart Lane.)

The first was at home to Villa in 1971 on the East Terrace after Willie Irvine scored and the second away on the steep terracing away at Elm Park, Reading, where it happened twice. We won 3-2.

There are lots of other incidents at grounds, notably at Selhurst Park (their lack of Police was admirable, no arrests), at Priestfield, Old Trafford and Brisbane Road, but these were not football related. The first one was herberts (pickpockets) and the last three were stewards being officious or looking for trouble (Old Trafford deliberately looking for trouble).

Used to happen all the time in the North Stand at the beloved Goldstone, we score then a massive surge forward, learnt to never stand in front of those blue metal rails, and stand at back out of trouble

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
learnt to never stand in front of those blue metal rails, and stand at back out of trouble

Its one of those things you only ever do once, I can remember I hurt my ribs and chest at a game (against Carlisle I seem to rememeber) being squashed against the crash barriers - from then onwards I always made sure I was directly in front of one.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Used to happen all the time in the North Stand at the beloved Goldstone, we score then a massive surge forward, learnt to never stand in front of those blue metal rails, and stand at back out of trouble

Why would you not stand in front of the rails? I always used as I was quite young and it stopped people behind me crushing me. Stand behind them and you get bent over them and some fat old geezer on top of you!:ohmy:

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Just thought I needed to get a rant out of my system...
When CMS scored me and 4 friends (2 of which are 40+) in WSU Block F duly celebrated a goal V Palace like it should be. I bumped into the man in front of me (also I would say in his late 40’s) who with his wife throughout the goal just sat still.
He then proceeded to tell me that my over celebrating was dangerous as "I could easily fall on top of him, causing him to fall multiple rows forward"
I think my celebrations of jumping around for joy were acceptable; they clearly weren't to this JCL.

If you are reading this, then you know who you are…
Thoughts?
:bhasign:

I've sat in Row F for the cup games. Quite a lot of people weren't celebrating then too. Jump around like a looney I say - that brilliant feeling and complete feeling of joy is all too rare in the real world

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here