Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On Tuesday I was told off for 'Over Celebrating'

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Just thought I needed to get a rant out of my system...
When CMS scored me and 4 friends (2 of which are 40+) in WSU Block F duly celebrated a goal V Palace like it should be. I bumped into the man in front of me (also I would say in his late 40’s) who with his wife throughout the goal just sat still.
He then proceeded to tell me that my over celebrating was dangerous as "I could easily fall on top of him, causing him to fall multiple rows forward"
I think my celebrations of jumping around for joy were acceptable; they clearly weren't to this JCL.

If you are reading this, then you know who you are…
Thoughts?
:bhasign:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i've no truck with yur celebrations....most of us were jumping around aftr that goal...but what if he was a ''jcl'' ....stadium wud b less than half full wudnt it....and whats its relevance..tell u what tell anyone who hasn't watched albion last year not to bother turning up...then u won't have a problem cos there will be loads of empty seats

rant over

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
i've no truck with yur celebrations....most of us were jumping around aftr that goal...but what if he was a ''jcl'' ....stadium wud b less than half full wudnt it....and whats its relevance..tell u what tell anyone who hasn't watched albion last year not to bother turning up...then u won't had a problem cos there will be loads of empty seats

rant over

Huh? What does "no truck" mean?

I'm getting old :(

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i've no truck with yur celebrations....most of us were jumping around aftr that goal...but what if he was a ''jcl'' ....stadium wud b less than half full wudnt it....and whats its relevance..tell u what tell anyone who hasn't watched albion last year not to bother turning up...then u won't had a problem cos there will be loads of empty seats

rant over

.....nice use of the English language there dude

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Ridiculous.

Having said that though, I have wondered about how easily I could topple forward over the seats in front. Not so much when "celebrating" though as generally everyone around me is stood up celebrating as well, but when I've come back from the concourse carrying boxes and bottles, and I'm edging past knees I have thought "what if I slip on a discarded programme", as the seats in the row below are so much lower, there would be nothing to grab onto.

Not a moan, just an observation, and I completely agree, it's a ludicrous thing to say "over-celebrating."

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
I got told off by a steward cos one sleeve of my coat was hanging over the wall at the front of the north stand!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Against Leeds some BIG, BALD, 40's / 50's bloke with SANDALS fell two rows forward, knocked in to me, and would have DESTROYED the young lad that sits next to me whom had thankfully gone for a mid-game piss. He was sprawled out on the floor covering two seats. It took BOTH arms to pick him back up again. This is a few rows from the back of WSU. I'd like to think he would have gone the whole HOG had we beat PALARSE.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I've heard the expression "No truck" before, not that uncommon.
Not quite sure it was used correctly here though :shrug: :moo:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
To be fair I lost my shoe from the top of WSU down to about half way when I celebrated. It wasn't injured, my foot was pretty dusty though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here