Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Reyes is like a broken pencil, pointless

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Just spoke to a west brom scout who was at the game today-wasn't impressed with Reyes and was very interested in Liam bridcutt!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just spoke to a west brom scout who was at the game today-wasn't impressed with Reyes and was very interested in Liam bridcutt!!

Let's hope he did not come to watch Liam then, would have been disappointed

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
The commentators on SCR at around 70mins said that the ref was having a good game. I take it this wasn't true!

I have a feeling the two clowns on SCR dont watch the same game as others. from what they were commentating on it sounded like we were the much better side. Now i have heard it from SSN and fans that were there this clearly isnt the case. Rose tinted specs spring to mind.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
first game back...ok is good enough for me

Ok isnt good enough when you need to win games at this time of year to keep in the promotion hunt. I have nothing against dicker but now is not the right time to be brining back a player who hasnt played for over half a season. We need players who are 100% fit at this crucial time not ones who have had no game time at this level for months. Razak should have been selected today if fit imo.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ok isnt good enough when you need to win games at this time of year to keep in the promotion hunt. I have nothing against dicker but now is not the right time to be brining back a player who hasnt played for over half a season. We need players who are 100% fit at this crucial time not ones who have had no game time at this level for months. Razak should have been selected today if fit imo.

ah ..opinions...loads of those around

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Sounded like a game that could have gone either way...if we had won one nil...would ''ok'' been enough then? How do you know Rasak would have been any better...his form has been indifferent to say the least...having said that i was surprised he wasn't on the bench

Last edited:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Sounded like a game that could have gone either way...if we had won one nil...would ''ok'' been enough then? How do you know Rasak would have been any better...his form has been indifferent to say the least

To be honest i made a comment on here last week when i saw dicker on the bench that i thought it was the wrong time to be bringing him back into the fold. I cannot say how razak would have played but he would have been fitter, thats a given. I dont think theres a right and wrong here just my opinion considering we need to win games and im sure the man city boys were brought here for exactly this reason, especially the run in.

Why are they not even in the squad? There must be a valid reason. Assulin was injured i know but razak????? very odd

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Burnley were poor, and when I say poor I mean really poor. Going to ground diving, rolling around on the floor etc. If that was our best away performance then I take it they didn't go to Cardiff or Peterborough? Yes it was better than Forest but not by a great deal.

Our approach and tactics today let us down, completely the wrong formation and set-up

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2115014314
thought i would tell you lol

Claretfan77

Apr 6, 2012
I think the odd thing was, your approach to the game gave us a bit of a spark. With nothing to play for, it's been flat at Turf Moor for weeks, but your players riled the fans and in turn gave our makeshift side a boost.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I think the odd thing was, your approach to the game gave us a bit of a spark. With nothing to play for, it's been flat at Turf Moor for weeks, but your players riled the fans and in turn gave our makeshift side a boost.

We had good support up there too by all accounts and that always helps give that extra edge to the game. Tony Cottee thought we were poor on Skys after match report. But i dont really remember hearing Burnley having too many chances either.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Amazing how two sets of fans can view the same game so differently.
I actually thought your players were particularly adept at trying to con the referee. The ref himself was generally poor, but there were no game changing errors. I'm not sure why Poyet felt the need to storm off.

We were pretty poor, but with Mee, Paterson, Lafferty and Rodriguez injured, that was no surprise. We were down to the bare bones, with three kids on the bench. The Premier League feels like a lifetime ago, with our board slashing expenditure left, right and centre.

You played some decent football (when you weren't surrounding the ref), but Grant only had a couple of saves to make. I also thought your defence looked shaky on the odd occasion it was put to the test.

You only have to look at our disciplinary record to see that we are clearly shite at conning the referee. Whatever else we are guilty of, that ain't it.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I actually thought your players were particularly adept at trying to con the referee. The ref himself was generally poor, but there were no game changing errors. I'm not sure why Poyet felt the need to storm off.

We were pretty poor, but with Mee, Paterson, Lafferty and Rodriguez injured, that was no surprise. We were down to the bare bones, with three kids on the bench. The Premier League feels like a lifetime ago, with our board slashing expenditure left, right and centre.

You played some decent football (when you weren't surrounding the ref), but Grant only had a couple of saves to make. I also thought your defence looked shaky on the odd occasion it was put to the test.

We listened to Radio Lancashire on the way back - and the summariser said that we were a good team but like a spoilt child - that when things didn't go our way we reacted badly, and a lot of the texts and emails were accusing us of cheating. It is funny though - our view was that you were the worst of cynical sides, lucky to keep 10 men on the pitch, really dirty (elbows galore), and your support was really quiet.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We listened to Radio Lancashire on the way back - and the summariser said that we were a good team but like a spoilt child - that when things didn't go our way we reacted badly, and a lot of the texts and emails were accusing us of cheating. It is funny though - our view was that you were the worst of cynical sides, lucky to keep 10 men on the pitch, really dirty (elbows galore), and your support was really quiet.

hmmm..when does that remind me of...was it in December that som crap team called burnley came to the amex...nowt much changed ...they still fekin won 1/0

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
To be honest i made a comment on here last week when i saw dicker on the bench that i thought it was the wrong time to be bringing him back into the fold. I cannot say how razak would have played but he would have been fitter, thats a given. I dont think theres a right and wrong here just my opinion considering we need to win games and im sure the man city boys were brought here for exactly this reason, especially the run in.

Why are they not even in the squad? There must be a valid reason. Assulin was injured i know but razak????? very odd

u may not have seen but i added to my post

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

if we were surrounding the ref...we learnt it from you ...u were doing it all the time down at our place..have to say one of the worst sides i have seen at the amex..but in end u gt 3 points as u did today..hey ho

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
hmmm..when does that remind me of...was it in December that som crap team called burnley came to the amex...nowt much changed ...they still fekin won 1/0

They are not a good team and have beaten us twice. What they do have, are the parachute payements - and so can afford a decent squad. Austin is their third choice striker isn't he ? When the parachute payments run out - they will be stuffed.

Claretfan77

Apr 6, 2012
You had much more of the ball, but didn't do a great deal with it in the final third.

We were poor overall. Have been most of the season, but we're a young side and the squad is small.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here