Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On the way home - match reaction

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Gus is to blame for most of our results. God knows what team he'll put out on Tuesday. Have we got 11 defenders?

Oh do f*** off. Unlike you I was at the game today and not in the best of moods and the last thing I want to see is some muppet coming on here blaming Gus.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oh do f*** off. Unlike you I was at the game today and not in the best of moods and the last thing I want to see is some muppet coming on here blaming Gus.

Humbug is either Palace or a Sladeophile.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Humbug, got hounded off the other thread so you come on this one spouting your drivel. You weren't at the game today, were you? We attacked burnley looking for a win, we were the better team for large parts of the game, but we lost. Happens sometimes.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Unbelievable. Gus was clearly pissed off that he left and went off down the tunnel with 5 or so minutes remaining with both the performance and sub-standard sunday league referee.

Playing a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 certainly didn't work and both Reyes and Dicker in the centre were poor. Playing against a hoofball team like Burnley we really need pace and wingers. When Buckley came on, instead of bombing down the wing he played central?

Noone at left-back didn't work when he came on and we were sort of lucky not to concede again.

Not going to post anything about the ref as I'd probably get a ban for all the offensive and crude comments, comes to something though when the loudest chant of the day sung by nearly all the away fans was 'f*** off burnley!'

They really are a shit team, one of the worst that I've seen away from home

about the same crap team as they were at the amex...and the ref...was he any better than that one?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be honest humbug does have a point. kaz should have come on instead of headless chicken noone. No idea why reyes was playing either.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Humbug, got hounded off the other thread so you come on this one spouting your drivel. You weren't at the game today, were you? We attacked burnley looking for a win, we were the better team for large parts of the game, but we lost. Happens sometimes.

Oh and this.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
about the same crap team as they were at the amex...and the ref...was he any better than that one?

Worse decision, or most pivotal, was the booking, not sending off, of the Burnley midfielder for 1st half tackle on Navarro. More blatant red than Brighton's two at home to Burnley.
If we don't go up, Burnley games next year are going to be tasty.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Worse decision, or most pivotal, was the booking, not sending off, of the Burnley midfielder for 1st half tackle on Navarro. More blatant red than Brighton's two at home to Burnley.
If we don't go up, Burnley games next year are going to be tasty.

ah...interesting they commented on the radio that a red wouldn't have been out of place....Navs was being called a cheat by burnley fans near the commentators

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dicker had an excellent game today and better than bridders has had lately.

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
We weren't bad, but seriously lacked any width, strange considering we had all our wingers present. Defence was strong and rarely looked like conceding but going forward we were disjointed. Vicente was anonymous for last 30 mins, but I get the impression we are starting to rely too heavily on him.
I only get to away games, so on what I see we are not good enough for the play-offs, it's been a good season though.

Claretfan77

Apr 6, 2012
Amazing how two sets of fans can view the same game so differently.
I actually thought your players were particularly adept at trying to con the referee. The ref himself was generally poor, but there were no game changing errors. I'm not sure why Poyet felt the need to storm off.

We were pretty poor, but with Mee, Paterson, Lafferty and Rodriguez injured, that was no surprise. We were down to the bare bones, with three kids on the bench. The Premier League feels like a lifetime ago, with our board slashing expenditure left, right and centre.

You played some decent football (when you weren't surrounding the ref), but Grant only had a couple of saves to make. I also thought your defence looked shaky on the odd occasion it was put to the test.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here