Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On the way home - match reaction

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Unbelievable. Gus was clearly pissed off that he left and went off down the tunnel with 5 or so minutes remaining with both the performance and sub-standard sunday league referee.

Playing a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 certainly didn't work and both Reyes and Dicker in the centre were poor. Playing against a hoofball team like Burnley we really need pace and wingers. When Buckley came on, instead of bombing down the wing he played central?

Noone at left-back didn't work when he came on and we were sort of lucky not to concede again.

Not going to post anything about the ref as I'd probably get a ban for all the offensive and crude comments, comes to something though when the loudest chant of the day sung by nearly all the away fans was 'f*** off burnley!'

They really are a shit team, one of the worst that I've seen away from home

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The only person to blame for today's shambles in Gus himself. For god sake attack teams Gus!!!!!!!!!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Fair play for making the trip up,I really don't get what Gus tries to achieve by his team selections sometimes.

dibbydoo

DibbyDoo
Aug 1, 2011
Brighton
Its a shambles when your own manager lops off before the end of the game, the man only has himself to blame today.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Interesting. A few people on Twitter who were at the game commenting that it was our best away performance in ages and that we were the better team... ???

Burnley were poor, and when I say poor I mean really poor. Going to ground diving, rolling around on the floor etc. If that was our best away performance then I take it they didn't go to Cardiff or Peterborough? Yes it was better than Forest but not by a great deal.

Our approach and tactics today let us down, completely the wrong formation and set-up

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I thought we played well but team selection was wrong!! Burnley are terrible and the ref was a joke!!! I enjoyed but my night out in burnley but I'm glad to be leaving the place!!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
We played alright and by far the better team. Unlucky not to get at least a point. Far better than Forrest.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
We played alright and by far the better team. Unlucky not to get at least a point. Far better than Forrest.

Really? On the radio the game sounded very open and it sounded like Burnley were the better team.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
There are some real scum supporting Burnley as well. Telling my wife to f*** off home on the walk to the car. Classy.

I guess it must get pretty soul destroying living in that shithole but no need to take their frustrations out on us.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I think (and I might be the only one here) that what Gus was trying to do, by putting such a defensive side out, was to keep it tight, and maybe nick a win by the odd goal, or at worse settle for the draw. Now isn't the time for going gung ho, all guns blazing. It's a cautious tactic, but I'd far rather Gus be cautious and go for safety then set up an attacking side that could easily get humped at a team that, lets not forget, 2 seasons ago were giving the top clubs a thorough run for their money.

True, it's backfired somewhat, but I don't blame him, or the team, for today. Eddie Howe is doing a good job with VERY limited resources, and to go there and grab a point would have been exactly what we needed to do to keep in the hunt for the play offs. We lost, and I'm disappointed, but then I always am when things don't go our way. BUT. We're still up there, and there is the opportunity to keep going, another 15 points to play for.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
On way back to London from Leeds, we were the poorer of two average sides but that's life

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
In the 2nd half we bossed the game. They played to defend their lead and frustrate us. The ref beat them on that score...he really was pathetic, allowing them to get away with outrageous timewasting. The performance probably shows we are a little way off being a top 4 team, but there's time for that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Really? I don't think we were poorer at all!

On a side note I thought the atmosphere was better today than it has been for a while!

If you play a shit team and lose then that equates to poor in my view

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dicker was MOM for me Vicente a close second although he faded towards the end.

Humbug

Banned
Dec 30, 2009
The only person to blame for today's shambles in Gus himself. For god sake attack teams Gus!!!!!!!!!

Gus is to blame for most of our results. God knows what team he'll put out on Tuesday. Have we got 11 defenders?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here