Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On the pitch on the pitch

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think Gus is too professional to allow champagne and laps of honour tonight. After all, we still have the job of winning the league.

So a good old pitch invasion wouldn't hurt.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
SCR said this morning that if we win tonight the players will be doing a lap of honour.

But presumably not if everyones on the pitch.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I can understand why so many want to run on the pitch, and let's face it pitch invasions are FUN, but I genuinely feel tonight is not the night for it. Let the players enjoy the promotion and save the invasion for the title either at the SCC or Hudds game. I think that the Hudds game provides the perfect opportunity for everyone to really get involved as we say goodbye to the Withdean and we can pretty much do what we want in an end of season celebration.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can understand why so many want to run on the pitch, and let's face it pitch invasions are FUN, but I genuinely feel tonight is not the night for it. Let the players enjoy the promotion and save the invasion for the title either at the SCC or Hudds game. I think that the Hudds game provides the perfect opportunity for everyone to really get involved as we say goodbye to the Withdean and we can pretty much do what we want in an end of season celebration.

I'd pretty much agree with that.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Tonight - if we win pitch invasion
Southampton - when we win championship pitch invasion
Huddersfield - lap of honour, trophy presentation followed by pitch invasion.

Marvellous scenes!!!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Course we should invade the pitch as EVERY club does when they seal promotion. I remember a massive one at Wolves a few yrs back and then they did a presentation type thing with the players and MM from somewhere in the stands / balcony type thing. I must have missed the all these teams getting docked points - laughable some of the comments on here!

ON THE PITCH!

this one?

[yt]AXg_mAj05m8[/yt]

I was there!

Not on the pitch - it was a bit of a trek from the upper tier!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Tonight - if we win pitch invasion
Southampton - when we win championship pitch invasion
Huddersfield - lap of honour, trophy presentation followed by pitch invasion.

Marvellous scenes!!!

Exactly.

And nothing anyone says on NSC is going to stop people invading the pitch if we win tonight. And if you cant beat 'em...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I do fear for a bit of pitch invasion overkill here. Its going to be a bit daft to have one tonight if we go up, one if we secure the Title against Southampton, and then yet another one after the final game. I'm not sure the groundstaff, or Gus for that matter, will be particularly pleased about having several thousand fans trampling all over the pitch twice in a row when we've got games coming up (not that it'll matter for the final game obviously). We'll look a right bunch of goons invading the pitch three games in a row.

Save it for Hudds I reckons.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I do fear for a bit of pitch invasion overkill here. Its going to be a bit daft to have one tonight if we go up, one if we secure the Title against Southampton, and then yet another one after the final game. I'm not sure the groundstaff, or Gus for that matter, will be particularly pleased about having several thousand fans trampling all over the pitch twice in a row when we've got games coming up (not that it'll matter for the final game obviously). We'll look a right bunch of goons invading the pitch three games in a row.

We will definitely won't do a pitch invasion against Scumhampton, the police will be out in force for this one!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Completely agree with this. We don't want to dilute the fun.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Most comments have a point on here that I agree with, ie Southampton Police issue.

But If we win tonight yeah why not get on the damn pitch, because lets say they give us the trophy at the start or end of the game against Huddersfield or Southampton and we lose !! I would feel like a fake dancing on the pitch after a defeat of any manner !!

Enjoy the moment people get on the damn pitch and have a sing song as BRIGHTON ARE BACK ELLO ELLO

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We will definitely won't do a pitch invasion against Scumhampton, the police will be out in force for this one!

When have you ever seen the police manage to stop a pitch invasion when EVERYONE tries to get on? They cant, it's impossible, they always just allow it (usually after cracking a few of the nutters that run on first). They'll just stand in front of the Southampton fans so they cant get on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here