Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic Track Cycling

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Aye, but she is the reigning Commonwealth champion and bronze medallist from the Athens games (and very fit). There is the world of a difference when you are capable of winning a medal and there to just make up the numbers. It will be interesting to see if her javelin has improved!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BUGGER.
I can't believe todays racing starts at 9:30.

I'm going to be the 1st postie with disk wheels and wearing a skin suit, so I can get back in time.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Great effort from Steven Burke there to come from 1.8 seconds down with one and a half kilometres to go to win it by near enough a second.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Great effort from Steven Burke there to come from 1.8 seconds down with one and a half kilometres to go to win it by near enough a second.

That was exciting :yahoo:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Me and the missis just leap in the air like he had won a medal, that was planned down to the wire. Hope he gets a medal now he is in the semis.

Come on Bradders lets see you break a world record

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
team GB are quality on the track - can't we get their management to run the whole shooting match for 2012 ...... that and sack the idiots who a) completely cocked-up the judo team b)asked a 10K runner to do a time trial the night before her final c) allowed an overweight boxer to screw team morale before we even began.

we need more ben ainslee's :annoyed:

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Love the Kieran, that motor bike is fab and has a camera on the back.

Its the sport Japan bribed the IOC to get in, Hoy is fantastic in it

Was that not superb by HOY

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Has Hoy just done something else? I'm watching the rowing.

Yes he just won a Kieran race riding at the front for about three laps no one could catch him, Guy called Edgar from Newmarket just also won going low on the last bend when everyone went high.

I think that qualifys them both for the final ride.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Another GOLD for our collection in the men's coxless 4 rowing, to add to the two rowing bronzes we've already earned this morning.

:clap2: :clap2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hope you were all concentrating throughout the points race.
As the Madison later next week, will be Bradley Wiggins & Mark Cavendish riding the same, but as a relay, so there are twice as many riding and fook me does it get confusing.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I hope you were all concentrating throughout the points race.
As the Madison later next week, will be Bradley Wiggins & Mark Cavendish riding the same, but as a relay, so there are twice as many riding and fook me does it get confusing.

Love it especially when they sling shot each other around the veldrome.

Come on Burke, go for Bronze exciting stuff

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Woohoo, todays the day, it's finally arrived, the start for our finest medal prospects is upon us.
To say I'm a little excited about this, is an understatement.

I was chatting with BoF about how traditionally Team GB are reserved as athletes. Well nobody told Bradley Wiggins, that:-

"1 gold medal will be disappointing, 2 is satisfactory, winning all 3 would be good".

Not heard from Cavendish yet, I wonder if the team are keeping him 'under wraps' as he's prone to shoot from the lip.

So far only disappointing, 1st GOLD for Wiggins

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here