Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic Track Cycling

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
What a way to end, 2 more GOLD one SILVER. I am looking forward to the World Cup in Manchester end of October. Me and the missis have tickets for the Friday.

Enjoyed that the last few days, hope the BMX can live up to that.

Perhaps I can get my work finished now.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Great stuff - out of interest, wonder what makes a cyclist want to concentrate more on track cycling rather than, say, the Tour de France type stuff? Because essentially they're both about being strong and quick.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Great stuff - out of interest, wonder what makes a cyclist want to concentrate more on track cycling rather than, say, the Tour de France type stuff? Because essentially they're both about being strong and quick.

TDF is 3 weeks non stop pain, Track shorter bursts. Team GB reckon they will enter a team into the TDF by 2010 and apply the same system. Also track is about sprinting and pursuit/endurance hence why Boardman/Miller transfer over well to time trails and prologues but then get blown out the back the first sight of a mountain.

Look forward to that, in a non olympic year Wiggins, Cavendish, Thomas, Cummings, Miller (think is banned from IOC events) Nicole Cooke and Emma Pooley (womens event) all compete in the TDF. If you add the Giro and Tour of Spain even more. None or the TDF competitors did well in the Olympics as they had no time to recover.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just watched it 'as live'.
Fan-fookin-tastic, as this thread proves I've loved the cycling start to finish, but hats off to such a professional team, top to bottom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here