Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Older ‘experienced pro’ signing?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Cue five pages of ancient iconic players being posted, including Michael Owen, in another 'hilario' NSC thread, then someone mentions Robert Codner, which leads to another 5 pages of 'hilario' fish related gags, and we all piss ourselves laughing.

Kanchelskis?

IMG_1447.jpeg

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Cue five pages of ancient iconic players being posted, including Michael Owen, in another 'hilario' NSC thread, then someone mentions Robert Codner, which leads to another 5 pages of 'hilario' fish related gags, and we all piss ourselves laughing.

Spoilsprat!

(Sorry/not sorry)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
shocked no-one's suggested dele
henderson's a good shout
Why? He's too young for that role, has only played 25 games since 2021 and struggles personally with the pressures of the game at the top flight. Good luck to him and with him well, but I don't think he's the "mentality monster" we're looking for...

On Henderson, if he didn't come with masses of baggage, he does fit that profile in terms of attitude and mentality. Can't see it though. Since he's gone to Saudi and back his playing style has devolved to standing in the middle of the park, pointing and shouting whilst the game goes on around him.

Despite him being a bit mental, I'd like Rabiot. He's won almost everything, has played at the top level an knows how to be in a winning team. Depends on whether being a bit mental translates into actually being a liability or not. Plus wages obviously...

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
On Henderson, if he didn't come with masses of baggage, he does fit that profile in terms of attitude and mentality. Can't see it though. Since he's gone to Saudi and back his playing style has devolved to standing in the middle of the park, pointing and shouting whilst the game goes on around him.

He's trying very hard to show that isn't the case...

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
***ansfer Ticker Tape***MJsGhost's La La Land Transfer Ticker Tape***MJsGhost's La La Land Transfer Ticker Tape***MJsGhost's La La Land Tr***

How about a cheeky enquiry for Joshua Kimmich? Just a year left on his Bayern contract and rumours are that he could be available... Can cover RB very well indeed, though prefers CDM.

Aside from the c £30m (+WAGES) required for a 29 yr old with little/no resale value and reported interest from Barcelona and Arsenal, what's not to like?! :lolol:

Once we have announced Hurzeler and Agent Gross has had a word at the Euros, it'll basically just be a case of when, not if. Yeah?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Few twitter rumours that Kieran Tierney could be available for ~£10,000,000.

Not sure if 27 is experienced enough for the role but a left footed centre back/left back cover with other 200 top flight appearances, 60+ European appearances & 40+ caps for 10m would be a pretty shrewd pick-up

If our new manager wants to play a back 3 then

Tierney - Dunk - Van Hecke​

would be pretty bloody good.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Few twitter rumours that Kieran Tierney could be available for ~£10,000,000.

Not sure if 27 is experienced enough for the role but a left footed centre back/left back cover with other 200 top flight appearances, 60+ European appearances & 40+ caps for 10m would be a pretty shrewd pick-up

If our new manager wants to play a back 3 then

Tierney - Dunk - Van Hecke​

would be pretty bloody good.
His injury record puts me off.

23/24Adductor injury17 days Real Sociedad 2
23/24Hamstring injury29 days Real Sociedad 6
23/24Hamstring injury54 days Real Sociedad Scotland 13

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here