Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Older ‘experienced pro’ signing?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This came from Naylor so no reason to believe there was ever anything in it

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Beginning to think whatever deal we had lined up has fallen through for whatever reason. Perhaps we changed our mind on Henderson
Not necessarily. Contracts typically end on 30th June each year and a lot of senior pros take time to weigh their next decisions before taking their potentially final contract somewhere.

I expect a lot of them have Saudi offers as well as more financially lucrative offers on the table, so signing for us may be just one of the options. I'd be surprised if we did change tack on this entirely though. Right now we have Steele (33), Dunk (32), Webster (29), Veltman (32), Gross (33), Milner (38), Welbeck (33), and March (30 - Jeez, how did that happen?!) that fit the brief of "senior pros" so, if we do lose Gross, I would expect one more player to come in

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not necessarily. Contracts typically end on 30th June each year and a lot of senior pros take time to weigh their next decisions before taking their potentially final contract somewhere.

I expect a lot of them have Saudi offers as well as more financially lucrative offers on the table, so signing for us may be just one of the options. I'd be surprised if we did change tack on this entirely though. Right now we have Steele (33), Dunk (32), Webster (29), Veltman (32), Gross (33), Milner (38), Welbeck (33), and March (30 - Jeez, how did that happen?!) that fit the brief of "senior pros" so, if we do lose Gross, I would expect one more player to come in
Thought we might have put in an offer for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (35). But, nope he's just buggered off to the Saudis this past week on a two year deal

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Michael Owen here we goooooooo!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here