Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Western Road / Hampton Place

hp2.jpg

hp1.jpg

seagurl

Mar 21, 2012
My great grandparents ran the pub that you can see with the Worthington sign . It was called The Central. I still have oil paintings from the pub given to my grandfather just before it closed in the 1920s. Western Road was widened and all the buildings on that side were knocked down.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Old Mill Mews ….Near to the junction of The Upper Drive , Dyke Road and HighCroft Villas there stood a windmill in late Victorian times . It was not then built up but on the edge of town .

IMG_0025.jpeg

The thing had once stood further down town but was moved, dragged by 86 oxen , quite a sight as this painting from Brighton Museum shows.

IMG_0026.jpeg

There is nothing to see nowadays, but the name remains…

IMG_0024.png

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Old Mill Mews ….Near to the junction of The Upper Drive , Dyke Road and HighCroft Villas there stood a windmill in late Victorian times . It was not then built up but on the edge of town .

View attachment 187611

The thing had once stood further down town but was moved, dragged by 86 oxen , quite a sight as this painting from Brighton Museum shows.

View attachment 187610

There is nothing to see nowadays, but the name remains…

View attachment 187609
I bemused, amused and bored my 91 yo mother, wife and 18yo daughter with this information, all in one week!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here