Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old Away Scheme member......

In fact, I got through to Mr Perry on this, and got nowhere.

Excellent!

Martin Perry is employed to deliver Falmer.

The Club has a new Chief Executive, who has taken over responsibility for pissing off the fans. Didn't anyone tell you that? No personal letter? No e-mail? Disgraceful.

I think it was mentioned in a matchday programme and in the Argus and on NSC. But I don't think Yorkie asked for the thread to be made sticky. She should send you a personal apology.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Sorry but I'm a bit confused about these new rules - As a STH I assume I am automatically in the new scheme and don't have to pay any extra or reregister, but what if you have been a STH for every year at Withdean so always automatically in the AMS, but what happens if you didn't renew this year as moved away from the area, as happened to a mate? I'm pretty sure he thinks he's still in the AMS but perhaps he should reregister and pay his tenner. As most away games so far have been pay on the gate, it's not been an issue but what will happen if we have a game where demand exceeds supply? Any thoughts on this?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To be fair Lord B, Yorkie did bounce the thread a few days before the deadline. So I don't think we can blame her.

I blame Thatcher.

But I think we were presented evidence, earlier, showing that Yorkie and Thatcher were in cahoots (not the internet bank).

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The choice of paying £30 was yours (assuming you're not talking hypothetically). You could have paid nothing.

You're not even moaning about the nature of the system itself, merely the principle that they had to re-start the whole bloody thing because of people not liking what was there before. The fans who complained have to take their share of responsibility for the scenario arising. A system was in place that wasn't perfect (none are). So the club change it, and the moan when you have to pay for it. Are you really surprised?

You might feel shafted - I don't. Shafted is when you get promised a ticket for a match which they then say you can't have. Shafted is when Hazel Blears says 'NO'. Shafted is when we build Falmer. and are not allowed to play in it. Paying £10 once every six years in order to assume a higher-integrity mailing list is NOT shafted..

So they intended for something to exist and it hasn't happened. If it was about the future of the club, that's one thing, but it's about ten poxy quid. You're simply repeating the mantra about 'prinicple' - it cuts no ice. If you're REALLY that principled, don't renew.

Then see where that would get you...

Well it's obvious we don't agree on this, so I'm letting it drop.

Just so you know, I could not have actually paid nothing, as I said before, because I was only aware of this after the cut off date.

The message from the club didn't reach me so of course I'm going to think they could have done better to communicate the it( 'C-' I reckon as a grade for the attempt they made ).

So don't be surprised if I feel let down on hearing that a lifetime membership was no such thing ( and to be honest the spin about it meaning the 'lifetime of the scheme' was just nauseating. We all know that was never the original parameters. )

My heart really doesn't want to renew my membership right now, as it still feels so wrong to have to. However, I may be fickle in the future and perhaps it won't seem to matter so much.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry but I'm a bit confused about these new rules - As a STH I assume I am automatically in the new scheme and don't have to pay any extra or reregister, but what if you have been a STH for every year at Withdean so always automatically in the AMS, but what happens if you didn't renew this year as moved away from the area, as happened to a mate? I'm pretty sure he thinks he's still in the AMS but perhaps he should reregister and pay his tenner. As most away games so far have been pay on the gate, it's not been an issue but what will happen if we have a game where demand exceeds supply? Any thoughts on this?

That sounds like me. Are we mates?

Anyway, I'm assuming I'm not a member so will resolve this sorry situation with a crisp tenner when I return from my holiday.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Are people seriously wound up about this or just on a wind up?

no wind up, im quite miffed. they could have had a much longer period before making the change. theres a shit load of people who dont have internet who still wouldnt know about this. publising info in Argus is all well and good, but what about those who dont live in brighton, who are among the most likly to go to an away game. i dont go to the club site much as its a pile of steaming poo. seems alot of "i knew about it, so what if some didnt".

for what its worth, i blame the residents of falmer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think perhaps the club should go away, sit in a corner, and think about what it has done.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
no wind up, im quite miffed. they could have had a much longer period before making the change. theres a shit load of people who dont have internet who still wouldnt know about this. publising info in Argus is all well and good, but what about those who dont live in brighton, who are among the most likly to go to an away game. i dont go to the club site much as its a pile of steaming poo. seems alot of "i knew about it, so what if some didnt".

for what its worth, i blame the residents of falmer.

Short of writing to every individual away member i'm sure the club done things as fair as they could, And if they did write to every away member how many have moved home & not informed the club of they're new address? And how many just would'nt give a toss because they only took out they're membership to get a ticket for the play off final?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If anyone does seek legal advice about this, could they also ask about the Blackpool debacle. I was promised a football match, which presumably consists of two teams playing, but Brighton didn't turn up.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If anyone does seek legal advice about this, could they also ask about the Blackpool debacle. I was promised a football match, which presumably consists of two teams playing, but Brighton didn't turn up.

Brilliant!!!!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire

Done.

In the case of the away members scheme:sack the Albion offices.

In the case of the other debacle,the Blackpool match,sack the manager.

And whilst you're at it can someone please ask them what my keys were doing in Mrs Wildy Ears's handbag after she specifically said she hadn't used them. Today has been another debacle in the long running saga that is my life, and given that I've spent a large proportion of my life watching and supportng The Albion I think the board should take some responsibility. Dick out.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Might be worth keeping an eye out next Summer as everyone might have to renew again.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Might be worth keeping an eye out next Summer as everyone might have to renew again.

As it's such an earner,this could be next week.After all,it's only for the life of the scheme!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here