Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old Away Scheme member......

Oct 7, 2006
Eastbourne
just wasted 20 mins of my life reading this.

Jesus, you will get a ticket for any game you want this season regardless of what membership level you are or arent. We wont sell out any of the games and then there is always the home end.

BUT............

just makesure you keep hold of your jp game stubs and your be all over the priority of grimsby away in the fa cup 1st round cos you wont get a ticket without!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I can't believe this has dragged on for TEN pages.

If you've got a GENUINE issue with the whole thing, why not approach the club direct instead of sparking off a HYSTERICAL debate. As Sam's Dad says, it's only a poxy tenner.

I can't believe anyone with more than a passing interest in The Albion, no matter WHERE they live, would not have been aware of the deadline for the FREE re-registration.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I can't believe this has dragged on for TEN pages.

If you've got a GENUINE issue with the whole thing, why not approach the club direct instead of sparking off a HYSTERICAL debate. As Sam's Dad says, it's only a poxy tenner.

I can't believe anyone with more than a passing interest in The Albion, no matter WHERE they live, would not have been aware of the deadline for the FREE re-registration.

I have very much more than a passing interest.The notification I had mentioned no closing date,so I kept back my undated form until I wanted to apply for Swansea tickets.It was then I found I had died in the Albion cause.

It's not the tenner,it's the principle,and the arrogance of the people in charge.When I approached the club directly I was told by Mr Perry that he had put in a lot more money than I had(true enough) so I had no grounds for complaint.But I have,and he and very many people on here know it.

If the club is desperate for a tenner I would give them a tenner.But I object when they "steal" it.

The original scheme was for life:the life of the member not the life of the scheme,and this shabby episode demeans the Albion.They are twisting ther own supporters,and what's worse,they know it and do not give a damn.

The obvious thing was to let old members carry on as white members,and charge anybody who wanted to upgrade to do so.Painfully obvious.Instead we have this.Page after page of argument and counter argument,but the simple truth is that the club has reneged on its deal,and should reverse this wretched decision.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I have very much more than a passing interest.The notification I had mentioned no closing date,so I kept back my undated form until I wanted to apply for Swansea tickets.It was then I found I had died in the Albion cause.

It's not the tenner,it's the principle,and the arrogance of the people in charge.When I approached the club directly I was told by Mr Perry that he had put in a lot more money than I had(true enough) so I had no grounds for complaint.But I have,and he and very many people on here know it.

If the club is desperate for a tenner I would give them a tenner.But I object when they "steal" it.

The original scheme was for life:the life of the member not the life of the scheme,and this shabby episode demeans the Albion.They are twisting ther own supporters,and what's worse,they know it and do not give a damn.

The obvious thing was to let old members carry on as white members,and charge anybody who wanted to upgrade to do so.Painfully obvious.Instead we have this.Page after page of argument and counter argument,but the simple truth is that the club has reneged on its deal,and should reverse this wretched decision.

I'm sorry but I think you're being a bit precious about the whole thing. You KNEW the scheme was changing so why didn't you just send the form in?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think the time is right for action.

Good people of NSC, we need to start a fund to pay all the £10 white membership scheme fees for people who never read a programme, look at NSC or look at the official website but yet are still big enough fans to go to the other end of the country for an away trip and moan when someone who wasn't at the Charity Shield gets a ticket for West Ham.

Please add your donations here.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Is there a new membership scheme or something? This has somehow managed to pass me by. I think I once paid a tenner five or six years ago! :rant:

:jester:

Good people of NSC, we need to start a fund to pay all the £10 white membership scheme fees for people who never read a programme, look at NSC or look at the official website but yet are still big enough fans to go to the other end of the country for an away trip and moan when someone who wasn't at the Charity Shield gets a ticket for West Ham.

As the moaners are moaning here on NSC that rules them all out.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Sums it up perfectly.

This board started out with an honourable philosphy and treated fans with respect. They even gave us a nice little charter. That all seems to have gone by the wayside now and they just want to shaft us for more cash.

A lifetime membership is a lifetime membership and that is that - no amount of spinning and lies about it referring to the lifetime of the scheme can change that - come on that really was pathetic!

It seems no coincidence that now they've got the go ahead for Falmer and no longer need the support of fans to write letters and help them out, that they are no longer interested in keeping their word to us.

They didn't even have the decency to write to away members enclosing a renewal form. This would have apparantly cost all of 25p. When they charged the AMS members 10 quid administration/membership in the first place, then that is just disgraceful.

They are happy enough to write when they need to raise funds.

Shag them and shag them royally. They've badly let us down.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
If I'd written to the club during the original sheme - the lifetime scheme - and said I don't want to be in it any more can have my tenner back please?,I'd be waiting for hell to freeze over.

It's a milch cow,and it is supporters being milked.Twice,in some cases.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This really is pathetic.
You HAD your chance to renew your membership FREE OF CHARGE. You didnt bother. Whining on and on about \"not knowing\" is neither here nor there. It was publicised in the matchday programme, in the Argus and over the tannoy. If that all passed you by, well then its TOUGH really, isn;t it. Why should the club spend out on mailing THOUSANDS of AMS members, many of whom have probably been to about two games in the last six years (Spurs and West Sham).

If, as you say, they;d just allowed all the old existing members to carry on in the AMS then it would have been a completely pointless exercise. A cull was needed to get shot of all those who go once in a blue moon to the BIG away games that are always oversubscribde, whilst still giving those that go away regularly an opportunity to continue with that membership for FREE.

If you missed the boat then cough up, or live with it and stop bloody moaning.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
This really is pathetic.
You HAD your chance to renew your membership FREE OF CHARGE. You didnt bother. Whining on and on about \"not knowing\" is neither here nor there. It was publicised in the matchday programme, in the Argus and over the tannoy. If that all passed you by, well then its TOUGH really, isn;t it. Why should the club spend out on mailing THOUSANDS of AMS members, many of whom have probably been to about two games in the last six years (Spurs and West Sham).

If, as you say, they;d just allowed all the old existing members to carry on in the AMS then it would have been a completely pointless exercise. A cull was needed to get shot of all those who go once in a blue moon to the BIG away games that are always oversubscribde, whilst still giving those that go away regularly an opportunity to continue with that membership for FREE.

:clap2: :clap2:

:thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I put my 23p in earlier.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This really is pathetic.

word.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This really is pathetic.
Why should the club spend out on mailing THOUSANDS of AMS members....

Because those members had bought a lifetime membership for a 10 quid fee which covered 'administration' of the scheme.

Is a 25p stamp + an envelope out of that 10 quid too much to expect?

The club can weasel around it all it wants, and is doing, but they've not stuck to the deal and as such have let themselves down. I expected better of this board, but not anymore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here