Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OK to like Man U now

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Couldn't care less about the teams but I despise their multiutude of armchair fans.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
im sure cheeky monkey is a good bloke, but for someone who really has known nothing other than supporting chelsea all my life , and has seen some seriously awful times at stamford bridge, it does start to f***ing grate when people who have hardly ever been to stamford bridge start spouting bollocks just because its the 'done thing'

:laugh: Classic Bushy. Put down someone else's opinion as the 'done thing'.

Not that supporting Chelsea is the 'done thing' eh?

Bunch of home county johnny come lately lairy ***** doing the 'done thing' no less.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
So by Man U's definition a 'crisis' is being 3rd in the prem, in the last stages of the champions league, paying / receiving 10's of millions of pounds for players and making a profit of over 4o million in a year? Don't make me laugh. It's like claiming you're poor because you can't afford to buy a Ferrari to add to the 2 dozen Bentleys in the garage of your massive country house, because you 'only get paid 10 million a year.

No it's not OK to like Man U. It never will be for me because you can never undo what Norman Whiteside did to Chris Ramsey in 83, nor does the behaviour of the likes of Fergie, Ronaldo and their smug armchair Surrey-based fans help either.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
I’m an Arsenal fan myself and for me there isn’t a greater team on the planet. We play such enthralling football. For home games I watch them in the comfort of my arm-chair wearing my complete Arsenal kit shirt, shorts, socks the LOT. For away games I go down the pub. I just love putting money into Sky’s pocket, as frankly as I’m concerned who wants to watch teams that lose I expect to win every match. The nearest team to me is Barnet (don’t tell anyone) but why would I want to support them I mean their shit.

Once I was watching the Gunners and my boy Cesc sprayed a 60-yard ball into the path of Andrei Arshavin it was so mesmerising that I had to crack one out in appreciation of the fabulous technique he had shown.

:clap2: :laugh:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It is not and never has been "ok" to like manure

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I've never liked Chelsea and detest them these days, used to dislike Arsenal but they're growing on me, never had much time for Liverpool.

I admit when I was a youngster ie. 8 years old I did "support" Man Utd. This changed to Brighton when I was about 12 and I have never looked back. However I have always retained an interest in Man Utd doing well. I realise I will probably be seriously flamed for admitting it but hey ho

I'm the same, I want United to win the Premiership and the English clubs to do well in Europe. I love watching football whether is live or on the tele and apart from a few am not too bothered about who wins.

Don't ever want Palace to win.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I don't understand this anti-Chelsea thing. People accuse them of things (arrogance, spending too much money, Johnyy-come-lately support to list the commonest stuff that gets thrown at them) that Man Utd have been guilty of for years. Somebody dares to pile in, buy good players, attract more supporters and challenge the established hegemony of the red fuckers, and for that they get slaughtered? I don't understand it. As far as I'm concerned, they're a positive force - it's one more club that could stop those Manc bastards, who I've hated since they broke my 12-year-old heart in 1983 and always will, winning trophies.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
:laugh: Classic Bushy. Put down someone else's opinion as the 'done thing'.

Not that supporting Chelsea is the 'done thing' eh?

Bunch of home county johnny come lately lairy ***** doing the 'done thing' no less.
classic alan partridge, posting complete bollocks about something he knows nothing about, if you really think our fan base, both old and plastics are a 'Bunch of home county johnny come lately lairy *****',then it proves to me that you've probably never even been to stamford bridge, you really are a cock of epic proportions.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I don't understand this anti-Chelsea thing. People accuse them of things (arrogance, spending too much money, Johnyy-come-lately support to list the commonest stuff that gets thrown at them) that Man Utd have been guilty of for years. Somebody dares to pile in, buy good players, attract more supporters and challenge the established hegemony of the red fuckers, and for that they get slaughtered? I don't understand it. As far as I'm concerned, they're a positive force - it's one more club that could stop those Manc bastards, who I've hated since they broke my 12-year-old heart in 1983 and always will, winning trophies.
good post :thumbsup:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
It is not and will never be acceptable to have a soft spot for any Premiership club (unless Brighton get there) or anything related to the Premiership if you have any affection for football, as it should be. The Premiership and everything related is a circus and nothing better but also how can you have a soft spot for the club* that stole our hour of glory and was the catalyst to our future problems in 83?

*Yes I know Man U are not really responsible for the problems we went through but it could have been so different if we won the cup and they beat us so by Supporters logic that makes them responsible!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here