Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OK to like Man U now

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I'm Brighton through and through but, like others on here I have a pet Premier League club and its Arsenal. Mainly because I lived near Highbury for 17 years, my manager supported Spurs and of course the Liam Brady connection.

Over the years I have always hated Man U but this year, lo and behold, I find I don't hate them any more. Growing (begrudging) admiration for the way that Fergy's teams play, Ryan Giggs, Rooney (superb last night) and the fact that they are clearly facing long term financial difficulties have all melted my resistance. Tevez is a twat if he thinks that Fergy didn't want to sign him, he just couldn't afford it.

So there we have it, I now hate Chelsea and Man City and i hope Man U stuff City in the next leg.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Tevez is a twat if he thinks that Fergy didn't want to sign him, he just couldn't afford it.

They made a £40m profit last year. They could find £32m to buy berbatov. They could afford tevez, they chose to spend the money elsewhere.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
and the fact that they are clearly facing long term financial difficulties have all melted my resistance.

Thats priceless. Yes, poor old Man U, how on earth are they going to cope.
Going by that then, have Pompey not plucked at your aching heartstrings as well lately ? Or perhaps West Ham ? How about Rotherham, or Bournemouth ?

:facepalm:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Thats priceless. Yes, poor old Man U, how on earth are they going to cope.
Going by that then, have Pompey not plucked at your aching heartstrings as well lately ? Or perhaps West Ham ? How about Rotherham, or Bournemouth ?

:facepalm:

I've never hated those clubs

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Unlike most I never minded Man U in the first place, although I'd never want them to beat City. Chelsea are the only team really worthy of loathing - utterly soul-less club in every way - players, fans, Abramovich etc. and all these idiots around Sussex wearing Chelsea colours are utterly pathetic specimens imho (and no I don't care if they moved down here from West London or not!)

:)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've never hated those clubs

But I still fail to see how suddenly some potential financial strife at Old Trafford has seemingly overnight enabled you to recognise that they play good football (which they've been doing for years now) and warmed your feelings towards them.

They became a PLC, put themselves up for sale, reaped those initial rewards and are now beginning to contemplate the potential downside of selling out to a group of businessmen who have no affiliation with the club, and can proceed to do what they hell they want with it.

I disliked them before the Glazers, and I will thoroughly enjoy their (hopefully impending) demise. Nothing has happened to alter my feelings towards Man U, nor will it. Same as Leeds. I'll always hate them as well, and richly enjoyed their spectacular fall from grace.

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I'm with Easy.

I'm afraid I have no sympathy for their current "plight"

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I've never liked Chelsea and detest them these days, used to dislike Arsenal but they're growing on me, never had much time for Liverpool.

I admit when I was a youngster ie. 8 years old I did "support" Man Utd. This changed to Brighton when I was about 12 and I have never looked back. However I have always retained an interest in Man Utd doing well. I realise I will probably be seriously flamed for admitting it but hey ho

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I've never liked Chelsea and detest them these days, used to dislike Arsenal but they're growing on me, never had much time for Liverpool.

I admit when I was a youngster ie. 8 years old I did "support" Man Utd. This changed to Brighton when I was about 12 and I have never looked back. However I have always retained an interest in Man Utd doing well. I realise I will probably be seriously flamed for admitting it but hey ho

I really hate Arsenal.
I really do.

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia

Exactly the same with me to be honest. Hate the big 4 now and could never even have a soft spot for another team, Im albion through and through.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I still find I have a hatred towards Man Utd, mainly because I have a couple of mates and a few work colleagues that support them and have no reason whatsoever to do so

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've always hated Man U and Chelsea, but its over the last year that i've absolutely despised Liverpool. Do have a soft spot for arsenal because they play good football.

Totally agree about Liverpool, that mainly comes down to Rafa, an utter prick.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Unlike most I never minded Man U in the first place, although I'd never want them to beat City. Chelsea are the only team really worthy of loathing - utterly soul-less club in every way - players, fans, Abramovich etc. and all these idiots around Sussex wearing Chelsea colours are utterly pathetic specimens imho (and no I don't care if they moved down here from West London or not!)

:)
do f*** off mate, you really havent got a clue,you've probably been once or twice to a shit, meaningless game that its easy to get tickets for,or you may not have been at all, and just be parroting what you hear from other fans jealous of the money, this does not make for an in depth knowledge of the club or bestow the right to gob off about something you know little about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here